Chapter 22

Leah

God bless the person who invented phones, but fuck I will curse the person who thought ringtones would be a cool feature to add, and I will kill the person who was calling me on a freaking Sunday morning, well afternoon because it was twelve in the noon, but I still considered twelve in the afternoon on a Sunday as the morning.

I groaned and rolled to my side to get hold of that annoying gadget and without looking at the caller id I answered the call and pressed it to my ear.

"I'm picking you up in fifteen." The person on the other end spoke, sounding all too familiar.

"I'm not a pizza," I replied groggily.

"You're still in your bed?"

"What does it matter? It's Sunday."

"Leah, it's twelve at noon."

"So?"

"Fucking wake up and drag your ass to the bathroom and get ready."

"Who are you?" My eyelids were drooping and I was trying not to fall asleep on this person.

"That's it. I'm coming to get you. And if you are not ready, I'm dragging you in your pajamas." The person hung up the phone and I stared at the phone as the screen turned black. I tossed it back on my bedside table and rolled back to snuggle up to my cuddlable-human. He was still so warm. I could sleep all day, snuggled with him.

"LEAH SCOTT, I VERY WELL REMEMBER ASKING YOU TO WAKE UP AND GET READY!" echoed in the room followed by a flash and a click as I jolted awake and sat upright. I felt Ethan stir beside me as he let out a loud grumble.

I rubbed my eyes and saw Avery standing in front of my bed with her hand poised on her hip and glaring at me with her brown eyes. Beside her, Lydia was shaking with laughter as she stood there with her phone held out, camera pointing toward Ethan and me.

"Did you guys sleep together?" Avery asked, her expression taking a total of 180-degree turn from angry to silly as she wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"What? No way!"

"Yes, we did." I slapped the buffoon and glared at him. "C'mon, Leah, there's no point in denying it. They've already seen us like this. And what's done is done."

"Idiot, I'll kill you."

"That's not what you said last night." He smirked at me.

"I knew it. I fucking knew it." Avery started twirling across the room and Lydia was laughing like a hyena.

"Guys, we just slept together," I yelled.

"That's what I said." I whacked Ethan with my pillow.

"You are not helping." I glared at him and turned back to girls. "And I'm on my periods so nothing happened!" I rubbed my face in frustration.

"Are you sad that nothing happened?" Ethan wrapped his hand around my shoulder and pulled me closer.

"You twat, leave me." I pushed him away.

'You didn't do that last night.' Oh, the bitchy conscience was back.

'Yeah, I enjoyed snuggling up to him. Huh, you loser.' I mentally stuck my tongue out at her.

"By the way, what are you both doing here?" I asked them confused.

"I told you we were coming," Avery answered.

"You did? When? And why?"

"I give up. Lydia, take over. I can't do this." Avery sighed and raised her hands up in surrender.