Chapter 32

Leah

"Can I borrow a pen?" 

I took out an extra pen from my bag and slid it onto his desk.

"Can I write our future with this one?" Yes, it was Jace who's brown eyes shone brightly at my shocked face.

He turned his attention to the professor who was explaining a diagram on the board. For the remaining of the class Jace, thankfully, did not utter another word and actually paid attention to what the teacher was explaining and on the other hand, I could barely concentrate on that damn diagram.

It was Tuesday and I was in my biology class with Jace sitting beside me, who was looking at the diagram with utmost concentration.

Finally, after what felt like a lifetime, the bell rang indicating the end of the class. Putting away all my stuff into the backpack, I started walking out of the classroom with, of course, Jace beside me.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Is that your way of asking me out?" He smirked and winked at a girl who gave him a flirty look.

"Do you know any other way of talking? You know, other than your pick up lines?" I asked curiously, ignoring his previous question. Seriously though I've never heard him talk like normal people except for our first encounter.

"Yes, sunshine. I very well can. Which one would you prefer? Sweet talk or dirty talk?" He grinned at me and all I could do was stare at him. I mean, how? Just how could he convert every sentence into a pickup line? 

"You know I could barely concentrate on biology because of that pickup line of yours."

"Biology? I thought we had chemistry." I stopped in front of my locker and looked at him with wide eyes.

"No. Just no. Give me a break to at least process the previous one. How do you ever do that? Do these lines just randomly pop up in your head?" I asked him for the heck of it. I seriously wanted to know how he comes up with that.

"Well, all it takes is a beautiful girl like you, and my pickup lines practically beg me to bring them out." He smiled cheekily at me whereas I just stood there, speechless. "By the way, that brown-eyed big dude is your boyfriend?"

"Why does it matter to you?" I folded my arms across my chest and glared at him. "Last time I checked, it wasn't any of your business."

"Nah, I was just curious. So, is he?" 

"Which brown-eyed boy?" 

"The one that told me off in the cafeteria queue."

"What? Jordan? No. He's my friend." I confirmed. First Lydia and now him. God knows if tomorrow Jessica came up to me and started talking about Jordan and me.

"Huh, weird." He muttered under his breath but it was quite audible to me. "What about the blue-eyed one? The one that's walking up to us and murdering me with his glare." He pointed in front of us and I followed his direction to see Ethan walking towards us and indeed glaring at Jace.

"Neither is he." I laughed but it sounded humorless even to my ears. Jace looked at Ethan with scrunched eyebrows and then at me and then back at Ethan again, who now stood in front of us.

"Get away from my locker." 

"Have we met before?" 

Ethan, who looked angry, stated in a growl whereas Jace asked with a confused expression.

"Except for you tailing behind Leah, no I haven't seen you anywhere." Ethan slammed his locker shut after stuffing his books and ran his fingers through his hair. Yup, definitely frustrated. But damn he looked hot.