Why would you do that?

Magnus had so many emotions and questions that he couldn't understand right now but the most important emotion was a little happiness and the most important question was should he tell Alexander about this. He did not want to hide such a news from Alec but he also did not want to disturb Alec while working. He could always come back and tell Alec everything first hand. Or so he thought. With that thought Magnus got ready to meet that one person he didn't even know exist all these centuries long. Even through all this anticipation and tension, there was a little dread settled in Magnus's mind but he couldn't point why was he feeling this. Like, something's terribly wrong, he thought maybe because he had never met his brother or because Aloysius was raised by Azazel himself, those only could possibly be the reasons he's feeling this way. He pushed all those thoughts behind and made his way to the alley behind Michealson's house.

When he reached there he saw two figures, arguing, more like fighting. When he got a little closer he identified one to be Finn Michealson, the other he could only presume as Aloysius.

Getting close he could faintly hear their arguments: “Why would you do that? What could you possibly gain by killing my brother?” it was Finn's voice. Finn had always been the most calm and a good elder brother figure to not only Michealson's but to Magnus himself, listening to Finn now losing his calm reminded Magnus of Alec when something happens to Izzy, Jace or Max.
“I didn't purposely try to hurt you. I had to do it. I'm sorry. I can understand what you might be going through.” the other voice presumably Aloysius's said.
“OH DON'T YOU DARE SAY YOU UNDERSTAND. YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW MAGNUS EXISTED TILL RECENT TIMES. DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW IS IT TO LOSE THE BROTHER WHO HAS PRACTICALLY BEEN THERE FOREVER? WHO WAS TO BE BY YOUR SIDE FOR THE REST OF THE ETERNITY?” Finn roared.

Magnus put his hand on Finn's shoulder to let him know he's there.
“Hello little brother! It's good to finally meet you.” Aloysius greeted Magnus with a smile.
“I would've said the same but under different circumstances brother. I would've been elated to meet you had you not killed my Kol. He was like my little brother.” Magnus truthfully replied.
“Oh I know just how much close he was to you. And that's why he was so important for me too.”
“What could he have possibly done to you to for you to kill him?”
“Oh he didn't do anything. I just had to kill someone close to you for my plan. He happened to be alone. Oh dear it was an easy kill.”
“Why? Azazel said you were happy to know you had a family. And now you do this? Why did not you come to meet me? And what is even your plan?”
"Oh Adik, how naive. I thought you'd be a little smarter than this. All this is just going to be so easy.”
“What easy? What are you planning?”

In that instant Magnus could feel his magic blocked. Everything happened so fast that he didn't even get to blink his eyes once. Just when he felt his magic blocked he heard Finn scream. Aloysius staked him and was chanting something in a demonic language which Magnus couldn't understand. While Magnus was registering the events, Aloysius vanished into thin air. Just when Aloysius vanished Magnus could feel his Magic come back.

Without wasting such as a second, Magnus rushed to Finn; trying to save him by magic. But when Magnus started his magic something snapped and before he knew, he was sucking out Finn's life and immortality. Magnus tried so hard to make it stop but it didn't budge.

Just then he saw Klaus and Elijah running towards them. Their horrified expressions told Magnus how it looked, it was all like he was taking Finn's life. All this is just going to be so easy, this is what Aloysius meant now the only question hunting Magnus was, Why?

Klaus glared as he sent a fire message, which Magnus presumed was the Clave office. Elijah just looked heartbroken, like his life just had been completely shattered.

Soon the Shadowhunters came and cuffed Magnus with the magic-restraining cuffs.
While Klaus was all red, seething with anger; Elijah just walked towards him and asked: "Why? Why would you do that?"

That question just Magnus's heart more, there was no rage, only a void of sorrow.
Before Magnus could reply, he felt a wave dizziness; he was slipping into unconsciousness with one question repeating itself in his mind:

Why would you do that?