6 | Platform 9 and ¾

CHAPTER SIX: PLATFORM 9 AND ¾ 

───── ⋆★⋆ ─────

It wasn't long before the group made it to King's Cross Station

It wasn't long before the group made it to King's Cross Station. Violet was the last to clamber out of the Ministry car, and before she had even shut the door properly it sped off again like lightning. Violet jumped back ㅡ it had almost run over her feet! ㅡ and found herself steadied by a pair of hands.

"Careful, I almost dropped my Head Boy badge," came Percy's voice. Before Violet could so much as roll her eyes, she was immediately intercepted by the twins.

"Oh, how terrible would that be!"

"Absolutely scandalous, Fred. Don't you know Head Boy badges are made of proverbial gold?"

"Of course I do! We've only heard him mention it once or twiceㅡ"

"ㅡEvery dayㅡ"

"ㅡAt every hourㅡ"

"ㅡEven in his sleep! You really should get that checked, Perce, I don't think that's normal."

And without giving the very-red Percy a chance to reply, the two scooped Violet up by the arms and carried her away like they were delivering her to the gates of Hell ㅡ or rather, away from it.

"Hey, this is fun," said Violet, swinging her legs back and forth in the air. "Is this a one time only thing or a year long palanquin service?"

"We can offer it...for a price," said Fred ominously, eyes glinting as they set her down by her trunk. "If you agree to be our test subjectㅡ"

"Boys!" warned Molly.

"ㅡI mean our product adviserㅡ"

"ㅡTo whom we subject our every whimㅡ" added George darkly.

"Don't you dare."

"ㅡthen we would be happy to carry you around," finished Fred with a large grin.

Violet pursed her lips, trying not to burst into laughter at the positively murderous glare Molly was sending her two trouble-maker sons. "I want to say it's a deal but I feel like that's the equivalent of selling my soul and sanity."

"I lost mine at age three," mumbled Ron in passing. A violent shudder passed through him, causing Fred and George to smirk. "Bloody spider."

Between the banter and being carried for half the trek to Platforms 9 and 10, Violet almost didn't notice that everyone was sticking as close as possible with each other, and in particular, to Harry. She realised it was because they all thought Sirius Black was after him, and fought with the urge to shout at the top of her lungs that he was innocent. No one would believe her, especially since she was basically a stranger. She was also afraid to change the story ㅡ what if it had dangerous consequences?