Chapter Eleven: Change of Jobs

Ariel heard talking she couldn't make out a good amount of it but it slowly became more clear and easier to understand.

"... unconditional surrender any more thought? Or do you need another love slap from your old pal Laser-roid to change your mind?" That sounded like Katagawa Jr. It had been 9 months, almost a year, since that meeting. Ariel jerked awake slightly then snuggled further into Rhys' chest as she woke up. Rhys wrapped his arms around her tighter and buried his face in her shoulder. Ariel finally opened her eyes and pressed a kiss to his chin. Rhys stirred awake and pressed a kiss to her cheek. He looked at her and smiled.

"Good morning beautiful." Rhys said.

"Good morning Handsome." Ariel said with a smile.

"Anything exciting for the day?" Rhys asked as he closed his eyes slightly.

"Not really. Paper work and paper work and paper work. I finish early today though." Ariel sighed. Rhys nodded and pressed a kiss to her lips. Rhys got up and Ariel watched him get out of bed. He stretched as he walked over to his dresser. "I ever tell you how much I love your tattoo?" Rhys snorted and looked at her.

"Every time you see me shirtless." He told her humorously. "Your tattoos are more impressive."

"Lies." Ariel said as she got out of bed. Ariel grabbed one of Rhys' shirts off the ground and put it on. He watched her slightly and sighed.

"I have to go. I have a meeting with Henderson." He said smiling as she turned around and looked at him.

"Okay. Good luck." She said kissing him. Ariel watched Rhys leave and she frowned. She had a bad feeling and it only increased when she got a message from Rhys saying that he was going to be MIA for a while.

"Everything okay?" Roxxi asked as she looked at Ariel.

"Yeah. Angel run the trace on Rhys' ECHO-eye." Ariel said making Roxxi look at her in confusion. The trace went back to Pandora and Ariel didn't even look surprised. Roxxi looked at Ariel who just sighed. She looked at the wedding picture on her desk then played with her ring as she shook her head.

"What should we do?" Roxxi asked worried.

"Nothing. My husband is smart. If he needs me, he will ask." She said as she went back to what she was doing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few weeks had passed and they still hadn't heard from Rhys. Ariel sighed and continued drawing on the paper in front of her. Roxxi brought over papers for Ariel to sign pulling her out of the trance Ariel had been in. Ariel was rubbing the back of her neck and was about to say something to Roxxi when they heard the secretary.

"You can't go in there! Sir? Sir!" Ariel stood up as the door opened. The man froze as chains started to wrap around him and the two people he had with him.

"And just who the hell do you think you are?" Ariel asked crossing her arms. Roxxi stepped up next to her and looked at the man.

"Let me introduce myself. I am Typhon DeLeon. These are my kids Tyreen and-"

"Troy." Ariel finished looking down at the paper on her desk. She moved the papers Roxxi had set on her desk and looked at the sketch on her desk. It was a vault symbol but scribbled slightly the names were written underneath the symbol. Ariel sat down as she stared at the symbol longer. The chains around them slowly dropped. "How can I help you Typhon?" She asked absentmindedly.