Chapter Seven: Unexpected Twist

A/N: Merry Christmas or happy holiday part 2! I hope you enjoy the new chapters!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ariel woke up slowly. She looked over at her closet and saw the outfit that the designer had picked out for her. She gently moved out of bed and towards the closet. She pushed right pasted the Hyperion yellow shirt and grey skirt that screamed authority and pulled a different outfit from the closet. She had just finished pulling on her shirt when arms wrapped around her waist.

"I've missed the look." Mordecai said softly.

"Me too." She said softly. Mordecai pressed a soft kiss on her cheek.

"Where's the bathroom? Gotta go before I go." Mordecai asked her. Ariel grabbed a brush and started brushing her hair.

"Down the hall. Last door on the left. Hit the kitchen and you've gone too far." Ariel said. Jack was walking out of the bathroom yawning when Mordecai reached the bathroom. Jack wasn't wearing his mask revealing the damage the Vault Relic had made when Lilith punched it into his face.

"Morning Mordecai." Jack yawned.

"Morning." Mordecai said cautiously as he moved towards the bathroom.

"Actually wanted to talk to you." Jack said making Mordecai's heart pound in his chest. "When you get here tonight come talk to me in my office. Through that door there. Straight shot." Mordecai looked at the door Jack pointed at.

"Um-" Mordecai wasn't sure he wanted to be in Jack's office with him. Alone.

"Please. This is something that could heavily affect Ariel. I need you to know." Jack said basically begging. "I know you don't trust me and -haha- can't blame you but I need you to know." Mordecai nodded.

"If it's for Ariel I'll do it." Mordecai said. Jack weakly nodded then walked to the kitchen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*House quarters of Helios*

"You heard her EX- boyfriend. Gone. No more." Vaughn said hyping Rhys up. Rhys stared at the mirror and nodded again.

"Ask her to the company party and you could go down as Handsome Jack's son-in-law." Yvette told him from besides Vaughn.

"Ask her out. Company party. Smooth Rhys." Rhys said before he walked out of his and Vaughn's apartment. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Mordecai returned to Ariel's room, Ariel smiled at him.

"Thought I was gonna have to send a rescue party." Ariel joked. "What took so long?"