Chapter Four: When the Truth is Brought Forward

The next few minutes flashed by for Ariel. She saw Brick and Mordecai join and help as they fought their way up Hero's Pass and towards the vault. Ariel felt numb as she watched the Hyperion drop barge that both Mordecai and Brick were on go down. She almost fell to the ground but Axton wrapped an arm around her and pulled her into the vault. They all must have seen how it affected her cause they let her sit. Axton and Maya bickered back and forth for a few minutes then Axton walked over.

"Come on let's finish this for them." He whispered.

"I don't think I can." She whispered.

"What happened to the 'fuck you' attitude you wear so well?" He asked. Ariel just shook her head no and stared straight ahead. "You know where to go when you're ready to get off your ass." Axton told her before the group left figuring that she would catch up. Ariel sat there for a while but when she heard a roar she felt a burst of anger. Ariel pushed herself off the ground and into the vault further. She saw the others shooting at the Warrior. When it tried to dive back under the lava it was stopped by chains suddenly wrapping around it and stopping it from moving.

"Why are you here I told you to stay in Sanctuary?" Lilith yelled when she saw Ariel.

"Yeah and if you would have listened when told that we wouldn't be here but just like you, I didn't listen." Ariel snapped as she walked forward. She reached out as if she was grabbing the chains when the Warrior tried to get up and pulled them towards her. "I didn't say you could get up." She hissed as the Warrior was pulled to the ground. The others started to shoot at the Warrior as it fought to get back up. Ariel did too and when it broke out she rolled to cover by Axton.

"Nice of you to join us." Axton said as they waited for a moment to attack.

"It was time to get off my ass." She said with a smirk. "Now lets fuck this dude up." At the same time, she and Axton came around the cover and shot at the Warrior. They tried to fight the Warrior but they were going to die soon if something wasn't done soon. Ariel knew this. She sighed and passed her ammo to Axton.

"What are you doing?" He asked looking at her as she dropped her guns too.

"A really bad idea." She said as she walked forward. "My name is Ariel. My twin's name is Angel and our father's name is John. My mother died when we were little. And I wanted to be a princess. Instead, I became a badass siren and found the dumbest way to die." Ariel said to herself as she formed a sword in her hand. Her pace slowly got quicker as she moved towards the Warrior.

"Ariel No!" She wasn't sure who yelled it but she stabbed the sword into the Warrior's weak spot. The Warrior pitched backward and threw Ariel into one of the rock walls. Ariel hit the wall and fell to the ground.

"NO!!!" Ariel heard her father yell. "This can't be happening... THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!" Gaige ran over and helped Ariel off the ground.

"Holy badass - I think you killed it. Never hurts to make sure, though: hit the button on the moonshot console." Axton walked up and hit the button on the console sending a shot from the moon to hit the Warrior.