Chapter Five: Remembering What She Had

It had been years since Ariel was in her room. She felt like she was standing in a foreign room like she had never once occupied the space. Bloodwing flew over and landed on a pile of stuff animals. She looked around the area. The room was filled to the brim of pink and stuff animals. She picked up the stuff animal skag she once favored. It was worn and torn in a couple places, showing just how much she would carry or play with the animal. She remembered the day that Jack brought it to her. She sighed and opened her ECHO, dropping a lot of her stuff on the chair at her desk. She pulled out the sweater and looked at it. She remembered every moment about the night it happened.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several bullets had found their way into Ariel's torso. Making her grunt in pain and drop to a knee. Mordecai looked over at her and swore. He then ran over and helped her towards cover. She heard soft hissing and looked up to see that a corrosive barrel was about to explode. She pushed Mordecai away from her and crossed her arms in front of her body. The barrel exploded and knocked Ariel to the ground.

"Ariel!" Mordecai yelled as he got back to his feet and ran over to her. He pulled her up and she slumped against him barely conscious.

"Did you get hit? Are you okay?" She asked. Mordecai let out a huff and shook his head.

"You do realize I am supposed to ask you that right?" He asked as they reached the fast travel. When they arrived at Headquarters Roland was waiting for them. He looked at them and let them catch their breath for a minute.

"So did you get the drive?" Roland asked them.

"Roland-" Mordecai was cut off by Ariel who held up the drive.

"We got it." She huffed. Roland looked at her with wide eyes. "Everything about Lilith. Any information about the vault. Everything is here. Switched this drive with a fake I had Tannis make."

"Now that's thinking outside the box. Damn, Soldier. I'm glad you're here." Roland said taking it from her and nodding. He finally got a look at her and froze. "Uh, Ariel your top is almost gone." Ariel went to say something but her eyes rolled into the back of her head and blacked out.

"Ariel!" Was the last thing she heard. When she woke up she was laying in her apartment in an unfamiliar sweater. It was warm though. She groggily pushed herself out of bed and walked into her living room. Bloodwing made a noise and flew around her before she flew back over to Mordecai who was dozing on the couch. She giggled and walked over and laid on top of him. Hands instantly jumped to her waist.

"Good morning." She whispered when she looked up at Mordecai.

"Hey." He groggily whispered back. "How you feelin?"

"Better." She said as she wrapped her arms around his neck. He nodded and both slowly drifted back off to sleep.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------