Chapter 1: Funeral

Lydia's POV

It's been a week after my Father's death and we are planning to do the funeral tomorrow. I'm not ready...I should have been there and save him! Why couldn't it be me not him! He was a Jedi master, my caretaker, my father! I started to cry and lay in bed.  Thinking of all the good times with Qui-Gon. My door open and it was Obi-wan

"You ok Lyd?" He said sitting on my bed. I shook my head no and sobbing more

"I could have save him...it's my fault I could have save my father!"

"Lydia we talk about this, your force is strong you healing powers is so strong you can regenerate body parts even master Yoda doesn't know about it....well I'm sure he knows just not telling us."

I sighed, I wish he was here he would know what to tell me.

~the Next day~

I woke up already depressed and irritated I didn't wanna go to the funeral I don't want to see my father cremated in front of me. I ate breakfast and wore a small black dress:

As I went downstairs Obi-Wan greeted me as head to the place for my father's funeral

"You ready Lydia?" He ask me I just nodded in silence. I didn't wanna say anything till after the funeral...

We made it to the funeral I stood next to Padme and Obi.

"Before we send our master Qui-gon off his daughter would like to say something." Master Mace Windu said.

I went towards my father holding his hand and kissing it. 

"Everyone you knew him as Master Qui-Gon Jinn a Jedi master, but I knew him as a goofy, kind hearted father."  I started to tear up "I miss him deeply, if he was here he would tell me to stop crying and smile."

Everyone laughed and smiled, I turned back to my father. "Oh father I wish you were here..." I started to cry "I should have save you...I should have been there for you... I should hav-..." I stop mid sentence because I saw a black cloak move out of my sight and felt a disturbance..."

I didn't think of it when I turned around it's like no one felt it either.

When it was time to cremate my father I couldn't bare to look I cover my eyes and crying on Obi-wan's shoulder. He held me as he stood still being brave for me.

After the funeral we had a small get together, but I decided to go back to the funeral ceremony to see if I could have that cloaked person. I looked around and I see it nothing. When I was about to go back to the gathering I felt the disturbance again.

"Who's there?!" I yelled "I can feel you here! C-come our!" I started to get nervous. The hooded figure came out of the shadows. And then I saw the man with black and red face.

"You're

"You're....Darth Maul! The man who Killed my father!" He didn't say a word "how are you still alive! Master Obi-Wan killed you! He told me he slice you in half!" He then show me his bottom half which was mostly robotic...I gasp and try to run but he catch up to me grab my arm

"You're coming with me!" He said with anger "wait what no I'm not! Why would I go with someone who killed my father!" I try to get away but his grip was too hard.

Then everyone heard me scream and Obi-Wan's face was in deep shock with terror he grab his lightsaber and activated it but it was too late...Maul had a smoke bomb and detonated it.

"LYDIA!" That's the last thing I heard from Obi-Wan I fainted...