Chapter 20 PLEASE READ END

Monday 10:37am

The three sat watching cartoons in silence on the tv that was provided.
fourthgrade had to go home as soon as he woke up,something 'important' apparently.

Kay played with her blue jello that the nurse gave her to 'get better'.
She hated that they acted like she was mentally ill or something. She looked over at fuckshit who sat on the arm chair watching the tv.

They both stayed with her since she got there trying to keep her company since she had no one else.
Fuckshit was mad ,not at her just at the thought that he let it happen. He blamed himself for her mistakes, he thought maybe if he did something different that night she would have been okay.

"Want this?" She asks looking at the curly haired boy holding her barley eaten jello out.

He looked over at her, staring for a second before grabbing it. She smiled at him but he just looked back at the cartoon. Her smile dropped before looking back at her lap playing with her hands. They took all the I.V tubes  out this morning after she was done the tests and scans.

They sat in silence for a little longer before the nurse came back in,
"You're aunt is here for you" she said smiling at kay.
Kay looked at ray with a confused look knowing she doesn't have a aunt around here.
She was excited that she could go home and shower but not knowing who was here for her.

"Let's go" ray says getting up followed with fuckshit, she slowly got outta be putting her shoes on following behind them.
The nurse led them out to the lobby where fuckshits mom waited, she was on the phone with somebody not even saying hello after seeing the 3 before walking out.
Kay was still confused on who the lady was and why she was picking her up.
She stayed close to ray on the ride back not completely comfortable,

"Who's that?" She whispered to ray as they both sat in the backseat.

"Fuckshits mom" he answered back looking down at her.

She just nodded before looking out the window getting lost in her thoughts.

<<<>>>

Monday 3:24pm

"I'm finneee Ruben!" Kay screamed at Ruben from the shower, he came over to 'watch' her. The boys didn't trust her by herself so they set up a plan that they took turns visiting her.

"Are you sure? I mean I can come in if you want" he said giggling behind the door.

Kay rolled her eyes at the boys remark still mad at him for the other day.

"Go awayyy" she groaned trying to take a peaceful shower,

——————
_____

"Kayyy!"ruben yelled hearing her come out the washroom, Kay ran out towards the kitchen where she heard the yelling thinking he was in danger.

"What! What's wro-" she stopped at the sight of Ruben holding a plate with grilled cheese.
"Your so dumb" she huffed before turning around after realizing there was no danger.
Ruben pulled her hand before she could walk away making her face him.
"Here" he says holding the plate out smiling like a little kid proud of his creation.

She was hesitant about taking the plate but eventually giving in, not eating anything other then jello from the hospital. Kay went to sit at the table well Ruben followed with his own plate of not burnt grilled cheese.

They sat in comfortable silence even though the girl was still upset with him, she enjoyed his presence.
"Fuckshit is coming at 4;30 to come 'visit'" he explained using air quotes with a mouth full of grilled cheese.

Her stomach went all wonky at the sound of fuckshits name, she knew he was still upset with her.

"I'm a big girl I can watch myself" she huffed throwing her grilled cheese back onto the plate.

"Well maybe if you didn't swallow xans without telling anyone we could trust you" he spits back sarcastically.

"Fourthgradeknew"she said under her breath rolling her eyes.

They sat in silence once again, Kay 'lost' her appetite but Ruben knew she was just being a big baby.

"Eat" Ruben said staring at the girl.

"I'm not hungry anymore" she states crossing her arms, at this point she was just messing around with him knowing he hated when she was mad.

"I swear I'll feed you myself" he says giggling at the girl, she giggled with him before eating the food giving in.

The two shared there laughs at the table and before they knew it fuckshit showed up.

*knock knock*

They both sat there staring not wanting to leave each other, she just smiled at him and he did the same before getting up from his seat.

"I'll probably see you tmr at the shop?" Ruben asks as he walks to the door.

"Yeah I'll see you then" she says smiling

"Yo wassup" fuckshit says as Ruben opens the door,
They do the bro hand thingy (👏🤝)
"Bye" Ruben says before walking down the girls driveway.

Kay knew he was mad so she didn't bother greeting him, she just walked into the living room putting on the Simpsons.

"Wassup with you?" He asks before falling back onto the couch next to her.

Kay realized how bipolar the kid was, he could go from hating the fuck outta you to acting like nothings wrong. She looked over at him like he was crazy.

"What? Do I have sum on my face?" He asks in a duh tone.

"No you idiot" Kay blurts our before getting up walking to her room.

"What did I do?" He asks confused getting up well following her to her room."last time I checked I'm supposed to be mad at you!" He says laughing.

"Oh really? Why's that?" She says sarcastically.
She giggled seeing fuckshits face after that remark.

Kay grabbed her backpack stuffing it with essentials such as skate tools, first aid stuff, and whatever she already had in it.

"Exactly" she giggled as she walked past him towards the kitchen,Stuffing snacks in the bag.

Fuckshit followed like a lost puppy trying to figure out what she was doing.

She stopped at the door putting her shoes on "you comin?" She asks looking at him confused.

He looks down seeing she grabbed her board, he smiled and grabbed his aswell now realized what she was doing.

<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

1070 words

My views and votes are going down so it might be awhile till I post. I'm dealing with a lot mentally, so I'm putting this story on pause for a bit.

I will write but I won't publish it till my views go up abit, I don't wanna be writing for nothing.