Chapter Seventeen

As much as Takota tried to ignore it, Xena was still out there and she would likely come back for vengeance. He had the video though, he reminded himself.

With that in mind, he pulled out his phone and dialed the Alpha Council. He got their secretary and formally requested they gathered on his behalf. He promised it would be worth it, so she promised to get back to him.

After the call, he watched Denali sleep. He was just relieved that after all that, they were both okay.

He had so much to teach her and show her. He hadn't had any time to do anything before he had been taken. There was so much about being a wolf he wanted to teach her, as well as what it meant to be mates. He hadn't even marked her yet.

He was curious though; how different it would be for them with them both having a wolf. He was going to experience so many new things with her. Things that no one else ever had.

As he eyed her, he also noted that he needed to get a hold of the pack doctor once they got home to his packs territory and it was safe.

The swell of her stomach was very visible, and it made him think of their times together. They had both been too eager to think of long-term consequences. He felt guilty because of her innocence and likely her not thinking about it, but he would be lying if he said the thought didn't make him smile.

As much as he loved the cabin were all this happened. He needed to get back to his pack. They had come a long way to answer Diego call for help and he needed to make sure they all knew how thankful he was. It was time to introduce his mate to pack life, he decided at the thought and picked up his phone to text Diego.

Book us home and anyone who needs a ride. He sent, knowing he would feel better once he was in his own territory. His cabin was in neutral territory, which was its appeal as a getaway.

After he received a flight itinerary, he texted Rhetta to see if she could pack Denali's things as well as her own.

Now that she could shift, she was coming back with him and someone else would run the cabin.

She had left because of a fight with Diego, but he always had faith they would work it out. He wasn't going to risk someone taking her. By the time Denali woke, everything was ready.

"Takota?" She immediately asked sleepily and he smiled when she did.

She then stretched as he got up from his chair and went to her. He was slowly regaining his strength. He didn't think he would ever take food for granted again.

"I got us tickets to my home. I know you probably don't want to leave, but we will be safer with my pack." He explained, praying she understood. When she nodded, he sighed in relief.

"When things have calmed, you can go back to school." He promised as he laid down next to her on the bed and pulled her close. She immediately sighed and buried her head in his chest as she took a deep breath.

"When do we leave?" She asked.

"In a few hours. Diego and Rhetta are coming with us to." He told her as she again nodded.

"I'm so tired." She said after a few minutes of silence.

"It's okay. Sleep and I will wake you before we leave." He said in answer and she immediately dozed off.

He couldn't stop holding her. He had come so close to losing her and he was so worried he still would. He needed to get back up to full strength as soon as possible.

When his phone went off later, he tried to wake her, but she didn't stir. He then tried to pick her up and was relieved when he found he had the strength to.

Rhetta and Diego were waiting for them when he carried her out. Diego then opened the door so he could set her inside. They then went around and got in through the other.

"Is she." Diego questioned as their driver drove off.

"Yes." Takota answered.

The more he thought about it, the more it made sense. Diego nodded his agreement when he spoke, likely reaching the same conclusion.

"Did she ever mention having kids to you?" He asked of Rhetta who had been studying Denali, likely lost in her own thoughts. Rhetta snorted with amusement when he did.

"I could hardly discuss men with her, let alone having kids." Was Rhetta's answer and he went quiet in thought.

He was truly worried how she would react. They hadn't had the time to discuss it. As much as he didn't like to admit it, much of her was still a mystery to him.

He let himself dwell on that thought as he carried her onto his jet and set her on the bed. Damn he loved her so much.

Diego and Rhetta came with him while the pack-mates that had wanted to come with him, got on another plane. Some of the new pack came with them and would stay in contact. He knew it was a test. None of them were sure what they wanted and he was fine with them making their own choice. They hadn't chased off their alpha because he wanted territory.

He sighed again as he forced his attention from his thoughts and towards the pack that had decided to join his own. He had hoped Diego would take over it, but the pack had confronted him and said some wanted to join his own. This meant he potentially had a lot more territory and not as many wolves to patrol and keep track of. This was why he had always wanted a small pack.

"We will need to dump some money into our new territory to take care of our new pack-mates and create a stable home for them." Takota said in thought and Diego nodded in agreement when he did.Even if they chose not to join, he wasn't going to leave them weak.

Takota had temperately appointed one of their own to serve as a messenger to him when they needed him. He thought that appropriate and the decision had stunned them, then won them over. Takota gave them the one thing their last alpha didn't. The freedom to choose their own path. If they truly wanted him as their alpha, there were to contact him or Diego when they were ready.

" I am still hopeful that once they get to know you, they will still choose you." He admitted out loud and Diego eye's narrowed on him when he did. They had it rough like he once did. As far as Takota was concerned, Diego was the more suitable alpha for them.

" I said I would think about it. Keep pressuring me and it will be a no." Diego bit back as Takota smiled.

None of the other alphas would tolerate their beta telling them no or standing up to them. Takota was different though. He had learned long ago the price of an ego. He had lost a brother because of it.

"Very well." Takota answered and let the subject drop.

" Rhetta, you alright?" Takota asked as soon as he saw her face. She was withdrawn, lost in her own thoughts.

"Rhet?" Diego immediately questioned, using her nickname.

"I'm fine." She said in answer as she got up and went to the back part of the plane. Takota looked at Diego right afterwards.

"Get your ass up and go after her." He said with amusement as Diego gave him an annoyed face before he got up and went after her. The two should just get together already, he thought with amusement.

After Diego left, Takota shook his head in amusement before he looked over and saw Denali peacefully sleeping on the bed. His heart immediately swelled when he did and he went to her. He laid down next to her and pulled her close. He would do anything for her. He was going to show her the world and together, they would have a life filled with love and the sounds of their children happy and healthy.