Chapter Eleven

He made love to her slowly and watched her closely, wanting to take in every moment. His heart had swelled with love and relief when she had shifted. He had been trying to rouse her wolf since the day he had guarded her bathroom door all night to ensure no one else discovered the truth.

He had then tried again in the woods, but her wolf had not connected with her human self. It thought itself a single entity.

He still didnt know how she had done it. He could only assume her mother had found a way. Now he had to protect her until they found out how.

Once other females could shift, she would no longer be a danger. Right now though, someone could take her and find out for themselves and sell the knowledge. Right now, she was a walking prize to be used how anyone sought. Some males might even kill her to ensure males superiority. He knew some he thought might.

Their wolves instincts of pro-creating had woken it some. He knew first hand how strong they could be.

He could only assume this started after they had made love and he had taken her virginity. Her anger mixed with lust had woken it the rest of the way. Fear would have likely worked as well, but he wouldn't have her afraid of him. Given her past, she would have never gotten over it.

She had fallen asleep after they had made love, so he dressed her and carried her to the car. The fact she didn't wake showed him how much energy shifting had really cost her.

He didn't take her home. Instead he rented a hotel room. He wasn't chancing it anymore.

He had a completely private cabin far in the woods he usually used when he needed a weekend to run. He would take her there and protect her.

He would never find her again if Xena and her dad got ahold of her. He wasnt chancing it. He was getting Denali away from here and with the video evidence from tonight, he knew he could find enough help to protect her. He had known he had needed proof, but now others would help and he could get this moving. He only hoped it wouldn't take long to figure out how she had done it.

Xena likely suspected something was going on. He had barely spent time with her since he discovered the truth and she was a vengeful person whose dad had no limits to get his little girl what she wanted.

Takota hadn't been able to stand being by someone who would try to rob someone else the chance of finding their mate. Just thinking of Xena angered both he and his wolf. He immediately distracted himself though.

"Denali." He whispered to her after he set her on the bed at the hotel.

"Baby girl." She heard him whisper and she tried to open her eyes. When she was unable, she felt him kiss her before he moved away.

Sometime later, she was able to wake. She found herself in a strange room. Her eyes immediately fell on a note next to her. It was from Takota.

Now that you know, we need to get you somewhere that is safe. I do not trust Xena or others to not come for you here. I have gone back to the house to pack my things, as well as yours. I will return shortly to take you somewhere safe. Please understand why we have to go. Taking you is far to tempting if someone knew the truth. I love you and will return within a few hours.

When she thought about it, she knew he spoke the truth. So many, both males and females wanted their mates to have wolves. She was the key to that and could be offered off to the highest bidder. She could also become someone's lab rat or prisoner.

The thought made her sick to her stomach. She would have to trust him. She wouldn't be able to do it alone. Not with spending all her money on school.

She was starting to grow anxious when there was a knock on the door. She expected Takota, instead she found Xena. The look on her face made Denali pause before she would have slammed the door in her face.

"Takota told me to give you this." She said before she shoved the bag into Denali's arms.

"Takota made me promise to apologize to you for the way you were treated. So I'm sorry." She said, making her words almost sound painful.

"There I did what I promised." She said before she turned and walked away.

Denali immediately looked down at the bag Xena had shoved into her arms. Inside was a print out of airline tickets. One had her name on it. The other had Takotas. According to the tickets, he left on another plane and arrived shortly after her as well. There was also keys and directions to a condo.

She was weary of the idea, unsure of what to do. Did she find him and verify? Xena would have never apologized on her own. Denali immediately went to the hotel phone and called the cabin phone. Rhetta immediately picked up.

"Rhetta, is Takota there?" She immediately asked when she picked up.

"No, but he told me everything. Are you alright?" She immediately asked of Denali. She froze for a moment, then remembered Takota asking her to go to his office.

"Xena just dropped off a bag with plane tickets in it. There is one for him and one for me." She said before Rhetta fell quiet in thought.

"I remember him mumbling something about finding somewhere safer." She commented on moments later.

"Then should I trust these?" Denali asked, wanting another's opinion.

" Let me check with Diago, Takota's head of security and I will call you back." Was her answer and Denali told her the hotel from the top of Takotas note.

Ten minutes later, she called back to say that Diago had heard Takota order his secretary to order plane tickets for them. With this knowledge, Denali felt better and got ready. Takota would meet her there and everything would be okay. She had given Rhetta the name of the place she was staying and the phone number and promised to call when she landed. She then headed for the airport and the flight not long later.