Chapter 8

Is that my dad? I think it is. That's my dad!! What's he doing here?!? He's supose to be MIA! What the heck! I hold in my tears.

My dads currently at the dart booth playing the game. I'm approach him very quietly and tap on his shoulder.

"D-dad?" I yelp

"Cameron?!" He cups my cheeks to get a good look at me. Then my mom texts me.

Honey come home right now they say they found you father but he went to back to Illinois to look for us and now that can't find him again -Mom

"It's really you dad! It's really you!!" I started crying and I hugged him.

"Hey kiddo! Long time no see? What are you guys doing in Cali, are you in vacation? I went back home to surprise you guys but..."

"Dad we moved mom got a job promotion come on let's go home! You can explain everything to everyone but let's surprise them" I said wiping off my tears.

I sent a text to Kenzie

Hey I gotta go home it's really Important tell the others -C

We drove home discussing the plan but my mind was else where.

My dad? He's actually here! That's my dad! What are the chances I find him at a carnival? Where has he been? There are so many questions to be answered.

We get home. now time for the plan. Put on my acting skills. I run inside.

"Mom!!! They found him what's going on?" I ask

"Baby! They found him! He's somewhere here in Cali honey" she tells me

Katie appears with red eyes "I'm so happy" she sobs

Cue my dad in 3...2...1

"DAD!" "KENT" yells Katie and my sister. We hug him. This is amazing. I love him so much.

We all sit down in the living room so he can explain what happened.

He told his this "Well after the bomb explosion I flew a and got knocked out. Then I was half awake getting carried somewhere but it wasn't by the U.S. It was by the enemy. They had me captured. They also beat me constantly. Then about 6 months ago the military came and saved me. They took me back the the base and fed me keeping me healthy treating my wounds." I knew that wasn't all of it. I could tell but he probably doesn't wanna scare us.

By the end of the story we where all sobbing.

"Ok guys don't get upset now because I have to leave. Your mom also has to come. We have to go to Washington D.C. And work out some stuff about me ok?"

"Ok! We are just glad that your back!" Katie and I both said.

"We will be leaving on Wednesday which is in 3 days and we will be gone for about 2 weeks maybe a week an a half" my dad said. Dad! Dad dad dad dad. I love saying dad.

We eat supper talking catching up on the years. It was a late super it was about 10 at night.

Knock knock knock!

My dad went up to get the door. Hmm I wonder who it is? After about 5 minutes my dad hasn't came back to the table do I get up to see what he's doing.

I see Zach leaning against the wall next to the door talking to my dad.

"Err Umm-"Zach cuts me off

"Hey cameron!" He says while winking at me. I walk over next to my dad.

"Oh are you two dating?" Asks my dad

"Yes" Zach says then He smirked at me.

"No dad we aren't. He's just messing around" after I said that my dad looked alittle disappointed.

"Oh...well I like him so if you to ever date he's welcome here! Actually your welcome here any time!" My Dad says. What did Zach do to my dad?

"Haha dad lets not jump to conclusions here ha ha, dad will you excuse us?" I asked politely. My dad left.

"What are you doing here?" I asked

"Well I got locked outta my house! They left a note saying they went to my aunts for the night and they didn't leave a key. I asked your dad if I could stay here and he said yes" thanks dad we have you back for a day and now we have to share you.

"I'll show you your room" I lead him upstairs to the guest room.

"Cameron, I thought you didn't have a dad?" I looked at him and her was serious.

"That's why I left early, 3 years ago my dad was MIA and they found him" I spoke quietly.

"Oh my dad was shot...during a burglary." He told me. Now I feel bad. "But my mom has a boyfriend now and he's really good to her I like him" I just smiled at him.

He took a seat on the side of the bed and patted right beside him for me to join him so I did and he moved closer. Our thighs touched and my breathing hitched.

"Cameron do you want to meet my moms boyfriend? Tomorrow after school he will be at my house"

"Sure. I'd love too" I said everything was nice a peaceful.

He cupped my cheek with his hand sending tingles though my body. Is he going to k-kiss me? Do you want him to Kiss you, I mean you don't like him, do you?

He leaned in closer so we where inches apart. The butterflies in my stomach started puking. That's when he-

"Cameron!" Katie busted threw the door and I jumped right off the bed. "Ok good you showed Zach the bedroom."

"Yup well I'm gonna go to bed. Night Zach" I said. I look at him and saw he was blushing

"Night kitty" he's said

I walked to my room and snuggled up in my bed. That's when it hit me.

I like Zach.

---------------------------------------------------------
Yes this chapter is really short sorry! Happy reading

Ahhhh guys 100 reads!! I'm so happy!! I'll do a Zach POV next chapter.

What do you think about her dad coming back. I originally was gonna have it be a friend from home but I changed it. Also I made it up as I went along haha.

;)