Chapter 7 - Musical Endeavors

The next morning...

I felt a vibration on my forearm, and woke up as it's annoying rate increased. I realized that it was just my phone ringing.

"Hey, so we thought it would be best for us to come to you, given your less-than-stable state haha. Is it okay if we come over instead of me picking you up?"

It was obviously Luke, but why was he calling so early? My alarm for 8 hadn't even gone off yet.

"Uh, yeah, sure, that would be super great of you. Why are you calling so early though? I didn't think that teenage boys even got up before noon."

"Ha ha ha, funny. 11:30 isn't early. I think being up a half an hour before our plans is reasonable."

"I..wait, what time did you just say it was?"

"11:30. Well, it's 11:31 now-"

"Uh, I gotta go Luke. I'll see you. When you get here, just come in and sit on the couch, and I'll join you guys a bit after you show up. Sorry, bye!"

I would sleep through my alarm! Just my freaking luck! I look like a hag, and they're all going to be here in a half hour, and I don't even know who 'they' are!

I scrambled to get out of bed, and got out of my Mickey Mouse pj's, and slipped into some leggings and a graphic tee with a leather jacket. I made my way to the bathroom, I just need to run a brush through my hair, and put some foundation on. Normally I wouldn't care what I looked like, but who knows who these people coming are. Ugh I hate suprises.

I scooted down the stairs while sitting, I wasn't going to fall down them again. I made it to the kitchen, and threw some cereal into a bowl, poured in some milk, and did what any reasonable girl would do, spilled it down the front of my shirt.

"Shiiii....shitake mushrooms, hi mom!" My mom has a habit of walking in at the most interesting of times.

"Nice save. Do you want me to go upstairs and get you a new shirt?"

"No thanks, I'll hobble my way to my room haha. Thank's though."

"Alright."

The doorbell rang. Of corse they'd be here right this very second while I had crap down the front of my shirt.

"But you can go and get the door. Please?"

"On it."

I went up to my bedroom quickly, well, as quickly as I was able to, and dug through my drawers for a new shirt.

I pulled my shirt over my head, careful to not get the nasty spilled milk all over me.

I needed to change bras too. There wasn't any in my room, so I headed to my bathroom, I had one hanging on the doorknob.

I slipped the dirty one off and flung it into the hamper, and put the other one on.

I turned back around, just to have a human run into me.

"Ah!" and that human happened to be Luke, of all people.

"Ah!"

"What are you doing up here??!!"

"Uh, I came to find a bathroom..Kelsey? Your.." He pointed to my bra. I forgot that I didn't have a shirt on!

I covered myself with my arms as best as I could, and started walking towards my room.

"I'm sorry, Kelsey, we can pretend like it never happened." He said with a smirk.

"You better forget about it, Luke. That's, like, a girl's worst nightmirror." Well, not a single girl's, but this girl was taken. And not by him.

I quickly found a shirt to wear. I put it on, and started scooting down the stairs on my butt again.

I made it to the bottom, and as I was standing up, someone picked me up!

"You're lucky I'm big and strong."

"Is that a fat joke?"

"No haha, just, nevermind."

"Put me down, Luke, I can walk on my own haha."

"No need. Don't fear, Luke is here."

We made it to the couch, and he sat me down by three strangers.

"Uh..hi?"

"Kelsey, I'd like you to meet my good friends."

He kicked one of their feet.

"Oh, hi, I'm Calum."

"I'm Ashton."

"And I, aside from being the coolest one out of us four, am Michael."

"Haha..hi. Do you guys want anything to drink? I can get you something if you want."

"We're good. Wouldn't want you to have to crawl into the kitchen just for us." Michael said while holding back laughter.

"Yeah, we're just here to listen to you sing for us. We've heard lots about you." Calum elbowed Luke in the side.

"Anyways, I brought my guitar. I can play something for you to sing to?"

"Yeah, thanks Luke. What song?"

"Use Somebody."

"Okay haha."

"Hold on, let me just go get it from my car."

Luke stood up and headed for the door. And as if on cue, all three of the boys waited until the door closed so they could bombard me with questions.

"So, do you like Luke?"

"You guys were getting pretty close on your way in here."

"I mean, I think you two would be cute together!"

"Guys, I don't like him. I have a boyfriend."

"Oh..okay..but still you two...I ship it." Mumbled Calum.

"Well, I think that's a bit innapropriate, considering how I don't really know you guys that well, and that I have a, ya know, boyfriend."

"Sorry." Calum whispered while looking into his lap.

"I'm back! Did you miss me?" Luke boomed.

"I don't think Kelsey did.." Ashton said under his breath.

"What?" Luke said with a questioning tone.

"Nothing. So, ready to play?" I quickly interjected before Ashton could repeat his sarcastic words.

"Yep! I'll start."

_____________________________

Author's note: another picture of Kelsey for you guys. Thanks for reading!