Chapter 6 - Movies

The next day.

Isabella said she'd be over at noon, but it was already 12:15, so I decided to kill some time.

I got off of my bed, and made my way over to the other side of my room to retrieve my guitar.

I was supposed to use my crutches until further notice, but I kind of just hopped around on my own when I was home.

I hobbled back to my bed, sat down, and began to strum the intro to my favorite song, Hallelujah. I always seemed to come back to this song. It was the first song I had ever learned. In fact, Isabella had been the one that had taught it to me in the first place. It was like 'our song'.

I heard there was a secret chord, David played and it pleased the Lord, but you don't really care for music do ya. Well it goes like this, the fourth, the fifth, the minor fall, and the major lift-

"Sounds beautiful, as always." Isabella said while entering my bedroom.

"Thank you," I put my guitar down beside me, "way to knock." I teased.

"Your mom let me in, silly. But I would have totally broken in if she hadn't, and you know it." She giggled.

"Yes, I know, haha."

"So, how are you and your broken bones?"

"Eh, alright. How are you? Anything new with Cody?"

Cody was Isabella's on again, off again, boyfriend. He cheated on her with a girl, who used to be our friend before all of this, but she couldn't seem to let go of him. She was conviced that he had changed for the better, but I could see right through him. I have repeatedly tried to help her see the light with this one, but she always assures me that I don't need to worry.

One day, when she finally realizes his true character, and it breaks her heart, I will be the first one to kick his ass.

"Well, we hung out yesterday. We cuddled and watched movies all day."

"Probably while he was texting Amber." I sighed.

"Keley..he's not that guy anymore. Please just believe me. If you just hung out with him and I once, instead of always bailing, you'd see that he's really a great guy. I could definetly see you two being friends, you guys have a lot in common. Like sometimes-"

"Isabella. I don't want to hear it. I'm sorry if I am not very fond of someone who has broken your heart more than once. Sorry for thinking you deserve better. I respect you and your choices, but not his."

The silence wasn't new, whenever this topic came up, it always got a bit touchy between us.

"So what movie do you want to watch? I'll let you pick, since you're crippled and all."

"Hey, I may be limited to how fast I can walk, but I could still beat you up."

"Trust me, I know. And just pick a movie haha."

"Let's watch If I Stay."

"NO. I don't feel like crying. My eyeliner game is really strong today. And you know how rare that is!"

"Pretty please?? With sugar on top?"

"...ugh fine. But ONLY because you are hurt."

"You're the best."

"I know."

She popped the movie in the DVD player, and headed to the kitchen to get the popcorn. Luckily I didn't have to relocate downstairs. One of the perks of having a TV in my room. It was great for late night crying sessions when the random, unexplainable, hormones got to me, and especially the explainable ones..

"Okay, here's your plain, no butter, no salt, nasty popcorn," she said while handing it to me, "and here is my buttery, salty mess." She sat down beside me on the bed.

The movie began, and the familure opening narraration started.

I pulled out my phone, and texted Harry.

To: HarryHey baby

From: Harry
Hi babe. What's up?

To: HarryNothing, just watching a movie with Isabella. What are you doing?

From: Harry
Just writing a song for the band. We're trying to hurry and put together a demo, there are some labels that are interested in what they heard last weekend at the concert in the park. This might be our big break, and baby, wherever I go, I'm taking you with me. I'm going to give you everything you've ever wanted, and you'll never have to worry about anything ever again. Maybe we could move in together somewhere. Ah. I'm just so excited to finally get the ball rolling with my life, you know?

To: Harry
I hope you guys land some sort of deal. And awww :) I'll follow you wherever  you go, I'm just so happy that you guys are finally getting what you deserve. What's the song about?

From: Harry
It's a suprise ;)

To: Harry
Is it about me? ;) ;)

From: Harry
Babe, you know I don't write songs about my real life relationships and friendships.

To: Harry
Yeah, I know, it's just that I've written songs about you before, and I just want to hear what you think about me, but in a poetic way..

From: Harry
I'll write you a poem. Just not a song.

To: HarryI'll take what I can get

From: Harry
I gotta go babe. We're going to practice now.

To: Harry
Alright, love you baby.

The movie was almost halfway over already. I already knew what happened, so it didn't really matter.

"Hey, lover girl, are you going to pay attention to the movie, or is it just me who's going to finish it?"

"I'm sorry, I'm done now."

"Mmmhmmm."

From: Luke
hey u free tomorrow?

To: LukeUh, yeah, I think so. Why

From: Luke
can I come pick you up tomorrow for a music filled afternoon? the people who wanted to hear your angelic voice want to hear it tomorrow

To: Luke
Haha uh yeah, sure, sounds fun

From: Luke
alright, i'll pick you up at noon. see you then

I put my phone down on my nightstand, and leaned my head on Isabella's shoulder. It wasn't long until I dozed off.