Ch. 4 - Awkward Turtle

The next day

We were finally able to go home after what seemed like an eternity of tests, x-rays, headaches and leg pain. But it was worth the wait, because I could now lay in the couch and watch my favorite show, SpongeBob.

My father helped me into the house, and over to the living room couch, despite the fact that I had gotten a pair of crutches.

"Thank you."

"Of course, dear. If you need anything, let me know." He said as he walked off to his home office. He has always been really into his work. A little too much, sometimes. But he cares about my mom and I, I know that.

1:43 PM
To: Harry

Hey, I'm home now if you want to come over

1:47 PM
From: Harry

Omw

1:50 PM
To: Harry

Ok just walk in the door, obviously I can't get to open it myself ;)

I heard someone knock on the door.

What a turd. What did I say about walking in.

"Harry, I told you to just-"

It wasn't Harry who had walked in, it was Luke.

"Luke!" I yelled in a hushed voice. "What are you doing here?? How did you know where I live???"

"I asked the nurse for your address."

"I'm pretty sure that's illegal, that is confidential information.."

"It took some persuading, but I broke her down," he said with a smirk on his face.

"You can't be here, my mother thinks you're a potential bad influence on me, and if she found out you were here right now, she'd freak! I'm sorry but you need to-"

"I just wanted to ask you a music related serious question. Is very important."

"So important that you had to come to my freaking house to ask me? You couldn't have just texted me?"

"What can I say, I value face-to-face interactions."

"Fine, shoot."

"How much do you like to sing?"

"I love it. It's sort of my life.."

"Good. I want you to sing for someone. I told them about you, and they are very interested in hearing you sing."

"Yeah, I think-"

Harry conveniently walked through the door.

"Hey, Kelsey, I'm here!" He walked over to the living room, and saw that I wasn't alone. "Oh, who's this?" He asked, raising his eye brow.

"Oh, this is Luke. He's a friend of mine, and he was just leaving."

"Luke? You look oddly familure. Have we met before?"

"I don't think so, I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay."

"Annnnyyywaaays...good bye, Luke." I urged.

"Good bye, Kelsey." He said in a mocking tone. "You're a lucky guy, Harry. She's got an amazing voice. If I were you, I'd have her sing everything she said."

"Good bye, Luke."

"Good bye. I'll talk to you later about the music thing. I hope you feel better soon."

He left through the door, closing it behind him.

"Luke, eh?"

"Uh, yeah. He's a friend I met a few days ago while singing. He just came by to talk to me about a music opportunity."

"That's nice of him. Well, now that is just us, wanna watch a movie? I brought your favorite."

"CAPTAIN AMERICA?!"

"Yes!"

"You know me so well, baby."

He put the movie on the DVD player, and sat down next to me. I grabbed his hand, and he looked over and kissed my forehead.

"I'm glad you're okay, Kelsey. But I must say, you are the most accident prone person I gave ever met, haha."

"I know. I think I'm the only person on this planet who could get that hurt going down the stairs."

"Well, just know that I still love you, and I'll be of assistance as long as you need, babe."

"I love you, too. And thank you, I just want you to stay by my side." I leaned my head against his shoulder, and clicked play.