Ch. 5 - Stretching Boundaries

"Kelsey, Kelsey, wake up." Harry whispered into my ear. "I'm leaving, I wanna say goodbye before I go."

I opened my eyes, and smiled.

"Oh, thank you for keeping me company. I'm sorry for falling asleep, though."

"It's fine, I fell asleep, too. And yeah, no problem..I better get going."

"I love you, Harry."

He stopped, paused, and turned around.

"I love you, too." He walked back towards where I was sitting on the couch, and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead. "Let me know if you need anything, okay?"

"Okay. Talk to you later, okay baby?"

He turned and headed for the door.

"Yeah. Bye."

He closed the door behind him. Sometimes I wished he would be more forward with his feelings, instead of hiding them.

He had a hard time saying I love you to me, and it always left me with a slight empty feeling in my stomach. But I knew he loved me. We wouldn't be together still if we didn't love eachother.

I checked my phone, finding that I had 2 unread messages, one from Isabella and one from Luke.

3:56 PM
From: Isabella
Hey can I come over tomorrow? I wanna talk and hang out with you in your time of forced stationary living ;)

Isabella is my best friend. We met in kindergarten, and have been inseparable ever since.

6:12 PM
To: Isabella
Yes! And haha, way to mock the injured ;)

6:13 PM
From: Isabella
You know how I do :P and okay, see you then.

~~~~

4:26 PM
From: Luke
hey sorry about the awkwardness earlier, i should have just texted u instead of showing up uninvited

6:14 PM
To: Luke
No, don't apologize, it's fine. I just wasn't expecting a guest.

6:15 PM
From: Luke
u know what I meant

6:17 PM
To: Luke
Soooo anyways, I've been curious about what you were talking to me about before since you brought it up..care to elaborate?

6:18
From: Luke
oh, i have a few friends who want to hear u sing. If they like your singing, which, come on, they have to, they want to have u help them with a music related project. I think you're just what they're looking for :)

6:20 PM
To: Luke
That sounds cool! I'm excited to meet these said people. What should I sing for them? What kind of music do they like? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

6:23 PM
From: Luke
eh it doesn't matter what you sing, as long as you're good (hint: u definitely are)

6:25 PM
To: Luke
You're too kind, Luke haha. But thank you.  And alright, I think I can whip something up for them :)

6:27 PM
From: Luke
Hey, uh, Luke, can I ask you a weird question?

6:29 PM
From: Luke
Yeah, shoot

6:33 PM
To: Luke
What was your first impression of me? Please be honest

6:37 PM
From: Luke
well, if I'm being completely honest, u looked intimidating. it was probably the dark lip stick and the winged eyeliner sharp enough to stab a bitch ;) but ur voice, god, ur voice drew me in the second I heard what it had to offer. and seeing ur eyes sparkle and dance while u made that music, I knew that you were special. and sweet. and I was right. my first impression of u is my current impression as well. why do u ask?

6:40 PM
To: Luke
I pride myself in my eyeliner application, putting fear into boys' minds is definitely the intent ;) and wow, you are very kind. The honesty you have about what you really think is refreshing. I'm glad we met, Luke Hemmings.

6:43 PM
From: Luke
well, if I think a certain way about something or someone, and I cover them up with lies, it's only hurting my credibility. and also because u deserve to hear how much u are worth. I know we met really recently, but I can already tell that you, Kelsey Saunders, are going to be a big part of my life. I might sound crazy now, but one day i will get to tell you that I told you so.

6:46 PM
To: Luke
I guess we will see. I'm getting tired again, and the doctor told me rest is key to a quick recovery is rest. I appreciate your honestly. Good night Luke.

Luke and his honesty were making me uncomfortable. I started to get butterflies when I read what he said about my voice, and when he said things like how my eyes danced. Harry is the only one I should be feeling butterflies for, and I have no intentions of stretching those boundaries. That would be a form of cheating, and I won't be that kind of girl.

I couldn't let my feelings get out of control. I love Harry. Not only that, but I didn't want to hurt Luke, or give him the wrong idea.

6:54 PM
From: Luke
Night.