Chapter 8: Hired On the Spot

As soon as I finished singing the last line of the song, the guys looked at me, Michael with his jaw slightly opened.

"Luke!" Michael screeched.

"I know, she's pretty amazing, isn't she?"

"Haha thanks guys" I said, trying not to blush.

"Hey, Luke, can I talk to you for a minute please? In private?" Ashton urged.

"Uh, yeah, sure. We'll be right back."

As soon as Ashton and Luke were out of sight, I took the chance to quickly settle things with Calum.

"Hey, Calum... I'm sorry about earlier before the song. I didn't mean to snap at you, and I felt really bad afterwards when I couldn't apologize due to Luke's presence. I didn't mean to make you feel bad."

"Don't worry about it, I understand. I'll give you your space. I mean, after all, you were right. We did just meet. I stepped out of line."

"No, you weren't. I just snapped. I just didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea."

"I understand."

"Kelsey, Luke would like to ask you something" Ashton said with a smirk, as him and Luke walked back into the room. "Brace yourself.." he said before winking.

"Shut up, Ash."

"Just ask her."

"Alright. Kelsey, the second I heard you sing, I knew you were the perfect person for something we're all currently putting together. I told the guys, and they were all on board, except for Ashton. So I brought them to hear you sing for themselves. Ashton agrees with me now. So, we have an offer for you. And it might sound a bit weird, but I think it would be really cool."

"Okay, I'll keep an open mind. Go ahead." I cautiously said.

"Well, our band, 5 Seconds Of Summer, has been getting a bit more popular in these past few months, and our label thinks we have enough of a fan base for our own headlining tour. It wouldn't start for another month or so, but we were asked to look out for an opening act, someone to your with us. And we would love it if you would open for us every night on tour."

Wait, just how famous was Luke? And I've heard of 5 Seconds Of Summer, but hadn't ever really taken the time to listen to their music before. I had no idea, how could I not have connected the dots before this?

"Write, that's a really generous offer. but, I mean, I don't exactly know how touring works, besides busses and traveling. What about the little stuff. And what would I even sing every night?"

"You could sing covers of songs" Michael suggested.

"Or you could write your own songs!" Calum chimed in.

Ashton looked over at Luke, "Yeah, we could get her a drummer, and a base player, and anything else she'd need for her songs."

"Hey, guys, slow down, I think she's a bit overwhelmed right now." Luke said after seeing my expression.

"No, it's okay, I'm just shocked. And confused. I didn't think an opportunity like this would ever come up for me."

"Well, I run you deserve it. They'd love you."

"Yeah, our fans would just eat you up" Ashton winked.

"Ash." Luke sneered.

"Can I have a day or two to get my rights together and stuff?"

"Yeah, yeah, of course. We just need to know in a week."

"Alright. Thank you guys. This is crazy, and I'm glad you think I'm the one for the job."

"Oh, we know you're the one for the job." Michael said cheerily.

"Well, we'll get out of your hair. Thank you for letting us invade your home and listen to you sing."

"Anytime haha. You guys take care."

They all walked towards the front door together, "Text me, Kelsey."

"Oh, you know I will" I teased.

"I knew you'd come around." Luke played into it as well.

I really need to figure things out. In more ways than one.