Chapter 8

“What are you smiling about” Cat said snapping me from my thoughts.

“What, I’m not smiling” I said knowing I was.

“Yeah you were, what was it for” Cat said.

“Nothing just happy to be alive” I said.

“You smile about that? Really Lydia” Cat said not believing me.

“Yeah I mean not everybody is living ya know, ya gotta smile about it sometime” I said.

“You say so” Cat said. Cat seemed a bit down tonight.

“You ok Cat” I asked.

“I’m fine” Cat said with a straight face.

“You sure” I said.

“Yes Lydia, I’m sure” Cat said.

“You wanna talk about it” I asked knowing I was pushing my boundaries.

“Lydia, drop it, I said I’m fine” Cat snapped.

“Ok sorry, I mean gees trying to see if you was ok. Excuse me for caring” I retorted.

“It’s ok” Cat said.

“What we eating anyway” I asked.

“We’re going to this restaurant called Blue Seas, it’s an Italian restaurant with lots of great food” Cat said.

“Blue Seas, sounds fancy” I said.

“It is an upper scale restaurant” Cat said.

“Nice” I said. Soon we pulled in front of a restaurant, and Cat put the car in park and got out. A valet took her keys, and handed her a ticket. The valet was nice enough to open the door for me.

“Thank you” I said as I got out. Cat waited for me at the entrance.

“Lydia, that’s a very pretty purple you’re wearing” Cat said.

“Thank you” I said. Cat was wearing a navy blue dress, with a navy blue blazer. She had her hair pinned back, which amplified her beautiful blue eyes.

We walked into together, and Cat gave a waiter our name.

A brunette waitress showed us to our table. As we sat down, I looked around the restaurant. It was fancy sure enough. The round tables with white table cloths over them. The fancy French style white wooden chairs. The candles on the table, the soft music that played. All the people here looked expensive, and cocky. All the men wore all these fancy suits, and the women had on all these jewels, pearls, and diamonds, with these exquisite outfits. If I was I was robber, I would so hit it big here. The waitress took our order for drinks. I got sweet tea, and Cat got some fancy wine to drink. I began looking over my menu, and it seemed like Cat just stared at hers. I ignored it, maybe she was just having a rough night. The waitress returned with our drinks. She then took our orders. Cat ordered the split chicken dinner , and I got chicken pasta with a special sauce. The waiter gave us breadsticks and salad to enjoy as we waited for our food. I tasted the breadsticks, and it was like Jesus put his finger on my tongue, and I was so close to heaven. It was all soft and buttery, and delicious. Cat began to eat some salad. We ate in silence, yep this was awkward. Cat really didn’t eat, just mostly pushed the salad around on her plate. This is way awkward. I heard something buzzing, and I looked around. Cat put her fork down, and dug in her purse. She pulled out her cell phone. She looked at it, and rolled her eyes at whoever was calling.

“Hello Seymour” Cat said. I started nibbling on my bread sticks as if I wasn’t listening, but you already know I was.

“No Seymour”