Chapter 27

They came and sat at the table, and they talked. Their conversation was interesting, I had no idea what they were talking about but it was interesting. The pizza and drinks finally came. Emmy sat beside, she was sweating hard. Her hair was once in two nice and neat ponytails was now frizzled and fuzzy, and the ponytails were coming loose. They must’ve been doing some real deal playing. 

“Ya hot baby” I asked Emmy as she wiped sweat from her forehead. 

“It’s really hot in that tunnel” she said. 

“I bet, here drink up, you like you need it’ I said handing her a cup of juice.  As the children ate, all they talked about was getting back to playing. That’s exactly what they did, once the got done.   We stayed at The Fun House for almost four hours. It was getting pretty late, and so we got the kids, who still weren’t ready to go, and left.  Presley walked me to my car. 

“It was good being with you today Lydia” Presley said. 

“You too, it was really nice. I think the kids enjoyed themselves, and I enjoyed you so much” I said. 

“Call me when you get home ok” Presley said. 

“I’ll do that” I said. Presley looked to make sure the children weren’t looking. They were busy trading toys, and candy that they had won from all the games they played. Presley leaned forward and kissed me, I secured sleepy Landon in one arm, wrapped the other one around her waist. Good God, could that woman kiss or what. 

“I love you Lydia” Presley said.

“I love you too Presley” I said. I gave her a kiss on the cheek. Emmy and Dylan hugged good bye, and Emmy even gave Presley a hug bye-bye.

After I strapped Landon in his car seat, and made sure Emmy had her seatbelt buckled,  I began the drive home. 

“Did you have fun today Emmy” I asked.

“Oh Lydia, I had so much fun. Dylan gave me a frog. Look” Emmy said holding a neon green plastic frog. 

“How nice” I said. 

Emmy fell asleep on the way back home, and Landon was already sleep when I was strapping him in. So of course just as soon as we got home, everyone was good and ready for bed. 

The next day my mom came late in the afternoon to pick up Emmy. 

“Hi Meryl” Emmy said as she came down stairs with her pink over night bag. 

“Hey baby girl, did you have fun with Lydia this weekend” my mom smiled. 

“Yes Meryl, I had so much fun. Could I come back again sometime” Emmy asked. 

“Well that’s up to Lydia dear” my mom said. 

Emmy looked to me for answers. 

“Sure you can doll, anytime, I enjoyed you this weekend” I said. 

“And I enjoyed you Lydia. Meryl look I got a frog, and some candy” Emmy said digging in her pockets. 

“That’s very nice dear. I missed you, did you miss me” my mom said. 

“I did miss you Meryl” Emmy said hugging my mom. 

“She was great this weekend mom. How was your trip” I asked. 

“It was ok I guess. Everything went well. Seemed like you all had a pretty great time together” my mom said. 

“Oh yeah we had a blast” I said. 

“Where’s Landon” my mom asked. 

“He’s in his playpen, he’s so quiet” I said walking over to his playpen. Landon was wide awake, just looking around. He saw me and smiled.