Chapter 6 ~ Happiness...?

Riley POV

Ugh. I don't wanna get uppp. I glance over at my alarm clock. Wait? It's 8:30 AM. No car alarms? I gasp as I realize what else happened last night, or rather what didn't. I didn't have a nightmare. I honestly can't remember a single night in the past 5 years that I didn't wake up in the middle of the night crying. Maybe there is something special about being in Wes's arms. Speaking of Wes, he is still passed out and holding me against his chest. His mouth is slightly open and his eyelids flutter in his sleep. I kiss the tip of his nose softly and he still doesn't even flinch. He's probably still tired from my breakdown the other night...or all of the making out yesterday.

*Car Alarm Sounds Loudly*

I knew it was too good to be- "Ahh" yells a startled Wes as he wakes up and rolls right off the side of my bed, landing with a loud *thud*. "Oh my God! Are you okay?!" I say as I peer over the side of the bed to look at him. He rubs the back of his head and laughs, "Yeah...I'm fine." "Hey I told you about the car alarms! And my small bed!" I laugh back. "Yeah you warned me...help me up?" he says as he extends his hand toward me on the bed. I reach out to grab his hand and he suddenly jerks my arm toward him, pulling me on top of him. "Ahh WES!" I exclaim, unable to hide the laughter in my voice. He laughs and plants a sweet kiss on the top of my forehead, "Morning babe." I instantly melt at that word and kiss his perfect lips lightly. "Good morning Wes." The more I kiss this boy, the more I realize what I've clearly been missing out on for most of my life. He definitely has more experience than I do, but I'm learning pretty quickly. He kisses my scar again and asks, "Did you sleep okay?" Ohh Wesley you have no idea. "I slept great actually..." I wanted to elaborate further but no need to start off the morning with more evidence of how fucked up I am.

I start to get up but he wraps his arms around my waist, effectively pinning me to his chest. "Wesley Stromberg! We can't just lay around here all day!" I say feigning frustration. "Yes. Yes we can," as he pulls me in for another kiss. My body gives in again and we're soon making out on my apartment floor. Ugh I can't even imagine what went down on this floor before I rented this apartment! That thought is enough to snap me out of my Wesley trance and I pull away quickly enough to stand up. Wes gives me a puppy dog face from the floor and mutters something about me distracting him. "Oh c'mon dude, let's go outside and do something!" I say encouragingly. "Fine...do you mind if I hop in your shower quick?" "Go for it...it's hit or miss for hot water though..." I reply, embarassed again. "Oh trust me, a cold shower will be perfect," Wes says with a wink. I swear I can actually hear my heart leap. Good thing he didn't ask me to join him, because I don't think I would've been able to resist.

I hear the water in the shower turn on and quickly take the time to compose myself. I glance at myself in the mirror...I've looked worse. The bags under my eyes are less noticeable but I am sporting a combination of bed head and make out hair...yuck. I fuss with my hair for a few minutes before finally just giving up and throwing on a baseball cap. I change into a pair of jean shorts and a Blink-182 concert tee that I found at Goodwill. I hear the water turn off and audibly gasp when Wes comes out of the bathroom wearing nothing but one of my towels. I can't stop my eyes from trailing all the way down his chest and right up the edge of the towel. He definitely notices me checking him out and stares at me intensely as he walks over. "You should put on some...we should go...I..." I can't even formulate a sentence as he smiles at me. Ugh that grin should be illegal. He tugs at my hips and pulls my waist to his, still not breaking eye contact. *Rinnggg* Oh thank God. If this is Keaton, I owe him.

Wes POV

 Fuck. Do they have some kind of radar that alerts them whenever I'm about to hook up with someone? "What Keaton? Yeah. Yeah. See you later." "My brother and my friends are meeting up at the skate park," I turn to explain to Riley. She is standing by the bathroom holding my clothes with a smile on her face. "To the skate park then lover boy," she says as she throws my shirt at me. Fine. But I'm not giving up just yet.