"problems everywhere"

•Chapter 6•

Chapter 6

On the next day, Arlo asked Isen to meet with him before classes start

"Uh...", Isen was nervous, "so, you called for me...?"

"Isen, I need your expertise. You can find information about anyone, right?", Arlo asked him

"Well, that's kind of an overstatement... But what kind of info are you looking for specifically?", Isen asked

"Do you know that guy in your grade, John?"

"That cripple who always hangs around Seraphina? Yeah, he's pretty infamous", Isen said, "why are you interested in him?"

"I had a few encounters with him and he seems suspicious", Arlo said, "he's powerless and completely unaware of his surroundings, gets mediocre grades and he has no respect for the social hierachy"

"Someone as useless as him should've been put in his place ages ago", he continued, "Yet somehow, he got into one of the top schools and can casually get along with Seraphina. The facts don't line up, so I want you to look into it. Find out what he's hiding, what his history is, how he got accepted into Wellston... Everything"

"What? Is all that really necessary?", Isen didn't understand, "You must be overthinking it. He probably just got lucky. You don't need to waste your time on-"

"Isen", Arlo interrupted him, "I don't remember asking for your opinion"

Isen now was trembling, scared of Arlo's words

"Ah, my bad. Okay then, just leave it to me", he was about to get out

"Wait, I didn't say I had finished", Arlo said, "I need you to search information about (Y/n) (L/n) too"

'what, the girl who encountered him??'

"Blyke already told you, did he? That girl...she broke my barrier and defended the other team", Arlo sighed, "she claims to be a mid- or low-tier, but I think every single word she says is a lie"

"What do you mean?"

"She doesn't care the slightest about my position in this school. For her, I'm just another person that can't tell her how to be... She's really odd"

"Ok...then I'll investigate about her too", Isen sighed

"Oh, one more thing. Keep your mouth shut this time"

~time skip; the hallways~

(Y/n) was walking through the corridors, when she saw a flyer on the wall

Death pool

1. Genie ||||
2. Hurricane |||||
3. Shatterstack |||||||
4. Mistress emerald |||
5. Galaxy-Gal |||||
6. Venom ||