"the truth"

•Chapter 21•

•Chapter 21•

"Blyke", Y/n interrupted him, "I've decided... I'm going to tell you everything. Nobody in this school knows the whole story or what exactly my ability is. Sure, Arlo has been investigating, but he still doesn't know everything. And neither John nor Sera know about it either"

The girl made a pause

"I would've preferred to not tell you this, but I feel like you deserve an explanation...and lying to you would only make you guys hate me more than you will after this. I'll also tell Remi...when the situation has gotten a bit better", Y/n explained, "you guys want the short or the long version?"

'I already know the short version...', Isen thought

"The long one, we've got time", Isen spoke, making Blyke nodd

"It all started when I got my ability, mind control...I don't quite remember but I think I was a mid-tier? I could only do mind control, but for me back then, that was an awesome power to have. My friends were either as powerful as me or below my level, and our group tended to get bullied and beaten up by the high-tiers of our school almost every day. And every time I couldn't use my ability only because I didn't manage to make eye contact with the person attacking us, I felt so useless..."

"why!? Why couldn't I do anything!", little Y/n exclaimed angrily

"don't worry Y/n, you tried your best to help us"

"My parents were always proud of my ability, but they also tended to worry a lot when I came full of bruises back home"

"Y/n, you're such a strong girl!", her dad said when he saw her use her ability

"So- you only had mind control at first?", Isen asked curious

"My second ability came a year after. A group of bullies was about to beat me up once again, when a wind current came out of the palm of my hand, blowing them towards the wall. And time and time after that, I started seeing weird changes until I realized that I had two abilities, mind control and element control. You know the original four elements? Earth, wind, fire water? I could control and use them all"

'so that's how she saved us yesterday', Blyke understood

"My friends told me I should go see a doctor to understand how I could have two abilities, but back then, I decided to keep it hidden from everyone. Then, whenever someone attacked me and my friends, I could use the element of surprise to defend them", Y/n spoke, "only with time, I stopped defending them and started to avenge them. I wanted revenge so bad, I started to go after kids who had hurt me the year before, just to teach them a lesson"

"What do you want from me!? I already apologized, please!!"

"An apology isn't enough!!"