Chapter 7

Chapter 7

{([RECAP})]

“Are you dumb? Mason is 19 and I’m 15. So technically if something happened this would be all wrong and illegal. And my parents won’t allow me to go out with someone that is over the age of 18”

“Oh shit! But you are turning 16 soon. No wait, that doesn’t help the situation” she corrected herself.

“Exactly. And Mason doesn’t even know I’m leaving town”

“Oh My Goodness, Nicole what are you going to do?”

“Do I have a choice here? No I don’t” I smiled wickedly at her and she returned it.

The fun was about to begin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Come on, please let’s just sit for a little bit. I can no longer feel my legs. It’s like they’re cut. Oh my God, it’s like I don’t have legs anymore, I can’t feel them.” I dramatically started touching my legs making sure that they were still there.

“Stop whining and exaggerating, your legs are fine. Just move now so we can get this done quickly.” Fy scolded as she continued walking past me to the next shop.

I finally gave up with a sigh and tried to catch up with her. We were at the mall shopping because apparently I no longer had appropriate clothes that would suit going out on a date which was still after tomorrow. I groaned as she kept walking fast.

“Fiona, we still have one day left, it’s not like we are running out of time.” I tried to convince her to stop jogging around like it was the end of the world.

“No we don’t have enough time. And tomorrow you are not going to shop. We are rehearsing your date tomorrow.” She said casually.

“We are what???”

“Rehearsing! R-E-H-E-A-R-S-I-N-G! You don’t know what it means?” she looked at me as if I am stupid.

“I do know but since when do people rehearse when they are going out on a date?”

“Since it’s practically your first one”

“No it’s not my first, did you forget that I was forced to go out on a date few months ago” I pointed out, narrowing my eyes at her.

“Well that one didn’t turn out so well, so you need to rehearse so you don’t do the same mistakes.”

“Mistakes?? I didn’t do any mistakes. Cole was the total douche-bag and I didn’t want to go out on that date. But I don’t think that mason will be as Cole.”

“Well, let’s hope so. And why are you so sure that he won’t be like all the douche bags in the whole world? It’s not like you know him. You just talked on Facebook and you even never talked on the phone. So why-“

“Please just don’t ask me this question? Because I don’t even know the answer. And I haven’t slept since yesterday trying to find an answer to this question but I just couldn’t.”

“Nikkie, I don’t know what to say. Really, but are you sure that you want to go on this date?”

I looked directly at her in the eyes. Took and deep breath hoping it would increase my level of confidence. “Yes I am. I gave him my word and I won’t take it back. And don’t worry if he turns out to be some freak, 911 will be on my speed dial.” I said winking at her trying to lighten the atmosphere a little bit. I didn’t like it when she made me doubt my decision. I told her only wishing that she would support me not make me think about things over and over again.