37 : HAPPY BIRTHDAY (YG)

( MIN YOONGI )
"EVERYTIME I DON'T, I ALMOST DO"

SELECTED SONG : THIS TOWN BY NIALL HORAN

The first thing Jennie notices is the rain. Cloudy mists ranges on the skies, filled with heavy rains and loud thunders. A repeating song reprimands on the background as the heavens wail their cries on to this forbidden world. Every second that is passing by, the louder the rain gets.

It annoys Jennie.

The crystalline raindrops create a tiff and ceaseless rhythm on her window, waking her up from her slumber. Sitting up on her bed, Jennie moves the covers away from her. She stands up on the cold floor as the rain outside her house becomes perpetual and a little intense. Jennie stretches her bones, smiling despite the bad weather.

September fourteen. Today is her birthday. Usually, she would celebrate this with her mom. Every morning Jennie would wake up with the smell of chocolate cake lacing around her house and she would go down the stares to reveal her mother with a smile on her face. It's the first time she wakes up with an empty room and tremendous amount of rain.

Nonetheless, Jennie wouldn't let the negativities flow away her day. Jennie grabs a towel from her closet and makes her way to the bathroom.

After showering, she dries herself up before wearing her undergarments and her uniform. She pampers herself up by putting some light make-up and lacing a scarf around her neck.

Jennie smiles at the mirror to lighten up her mood. She exits her bedroom, walking down the stairs. The empty living room welcomes her and it didn't help her situation.

Birthdays should start with golden rays and not by these raindrops on the senescent ground. Birthdays should start with cakes and greetings and not by empty living rooms and cold coffees. Jennie heaves a sigh, grabbing her bag, keys, and her umbrella.

Once she's out of her house, the rain suprisingly died down a little. Jennie opens her white umbrella, walking down the street since her bike is still wet due to the heavy dusts of rain.

And of course, she's hoping for a good day.

-

"Happy birthday, Jen!"

Chamji exclaims as soon as she sees Jennie on the hallway. The birthday girl smiles as a sign of gratitude before pulling her friend in her arms. Chamji wraps her arms around Jennie's slim waist. "You're getting big, babygirl." Jennie giggles, tightening her hold on Chamji's body. "You're the first one to greet me today, I am so thankful I have a friend like you."

It's true tho. Jennie feels a lot more better because Chamji greeted her. The rain might be pouring some ruinous dew drops, but when Chamji remembers her day it would be nothing to her.

Chamji breaks their hug, touching Jennie's dumplings-like cheeks. "I have something for you!" Jennie laughs, taking Chamji's hands off of her face for a reason that she was squeezing it too hard. "Aww, you don't have to Cham."

The older snickers. "Stop being so generous. I know you want gifts, like duh, we're friends ever since highschool started and whenever I don't have anything for your day you would be all petty and mad." Jennie pouts, "Y-Yah i'm not that bad!" Chamji rolls her eyes. "Enough talking!" She quickly retracts her smile, clinging onto Jennie's arms. "Let's go! Hyeri's waiting for us!"