17 : GHOSTS

"THOUGHT I WAS CHASING LOVE,
I WAS ONLY CHASING A GHOST"

Taehyung opens his locker, letting his book slides in. His eyes look dull and tired, well who could blame him? He waited.

It shouldn't affect him in any way because first, it was just a ramen and Jennie probably has her reasons why she did not come in the first place.

A tap on his back presses on his clothed skin, he slowly tilts his head and his once dull eyes, widen.

"Hello there!" It was Jisoo.

His shoulder slumps.

Wait― is he disappointed?

"Jichu" he sighs her name out then closes his locker. "Taehyung!" The female gleefully says and clings on his arms. Taehyung suprisingly smiles.

"Tae-Tae let's go drink after class?" Taehyung lightly slaps her forehead, "You can't drink and you won't. You're a girl and i'm a boy what will the others thi―"

"Shush, just close your mouth, okay? I mean just this once!"

After the constant bickering and after he tries to say no but she's pushing him to drink, Taehyung agrees and they both parted ways. He becomes dull once again, his mind distorts as he walks on his way to his class.

Taehyung's tired eyes smolder on the area. The other students bumping him but for now, he doesn't mind. "Mr. Kim." Taehyung snaps out of his thoughts when he unconciously reaches his classroom.

The teacher (Mr. Jung) looks at him with an angry look.

"Did you know that there's a quiz today?" Mr. Jung sarcastically smiles. Taehyung looks around the classroom: half of the pupils are laughing at him, others are minding their own business, but one person is looking at him, with wide eyes.

Taehyung sighs, looking away from that person before speaking, "Sir, I know that there's a quiz, know why?"

Mr. Jung's brows rose. "Because that's your way of teaching." The whole room roars with laughters and snickers.

The teacher feels himself sinking on a pool of embarrassment. He glares at the young man, "Kim Taehyung, detention!"

-

"Taehyung, you shouldn't have said that." Yoongi says as he puts some meat on Taehyung's rice.

The both of them are on a samgyupsal house near their school. Instead of the school's cafeteria they decided to eat lunch here, well Yoongi did.

Taehyung notices how Yoongi offers him food alot.

Am i too thin?

"I was just stating facts. Jung is always quiz here, quiz there, fucking quiz everywhere. Sometimes, I like to call him Jung-quizzie man." Yoongi snickers at Taehyung's nonsense rants. "He is a teacher, he knows what he's doing." The older declares.

"If he knows what he's doing right now I should have known William Shakespeare's birthday. He is a good for nothing literature teacher." Yoongi laughs this time whilst banging the table. "I heard it's somewhere in April." He laughs hysterically at his joke and Taehyung looks around to find people staring at them.