23 : LAMENTATION

"AND THE HARDEST PART
OF THIS IS LEAVING YOU"

Brown. Brown is the color of the room Taehyung is in. His eyes roam around the area. The sickeningly scent of the candles tickles his nose. He can see some flowers decorated a coffin and a wooden floor for him to sit.

Twenty-five. Twenty-five heartbeats skipped when he read the letter that his brother sent. Tears stream down his face with his mouth gasping for air.

He screamed.

He shouted.

And he yelled all his pain out, but everything swallowed back into his heart. He can feel the pain, once again.

One. One day is all it takes for everything to fall apart. One day is all it takes for Taehyung to realize the regret of not staying by his brother's side. One day is all it takes for God to took everything he has.

The pain that Jungkook (Taehyung's brother) left is still punching on his guts. Taehyung's eyes are swollen and all he can do is to cry, his lips keep on quivering because of his untold screams, his hands hold the last memory Jungkook left, and his heart hugs the pain inside.

A hand on his shoulder makes him flinch, the broken boy looks up to find a girl weakly smiling at him.

The girl's hair is long and straight, her eyes wore the same emotion Taehyung has, and her hand is holding some sunflowers.

"Jisoo." Taehyung coldly says. The said girl sits beside him, placing the flower on the floor. "Condolence," she pats his back. Taehyung didn't answer him, so Jisoo retracts her hand back before sitting quietly beside him.

"I have known Jungkook, for a week or so, you know?" Taehyung's ears perk up, he looks at the girl who is staring back at the coffin. "Y-You do?" Jisoo nods her head, "Except that he's the one who always buy sunflowers on the shop,"

"He's also the one who showed me that if you really love someone it takes effort." Jisoo shakes her head, laughing dryly. "I didn't know that the two of you are brothers."

Taehyung sighs adverting his gaze on the wall, "He's my brother with the same mother"

"He's an illegitimate child. My mother, before he married my father, had a boyfriend and a son. My father didn't know about this, never, not even when he died. Mother always leave me to visit Jungkook, but secretly tho."

Taehyung's tears start to stream down his face. "She brought us closer even if we're miles apart. The day I first saw Jungkook was when my mother got bailed in jail. I was only seven years old and he was comforting me until my aunt came and said things to hyung that a nine-year-old boy shouldn't hear. Years passed by and my aunt told me that hyung died."

Jisoo listens whilst staring at the picture neatly placed on the coffin. "I didn't understand anything back then. But as I grew up, I regret it" Jisoo diverts her gaze to Taehyung, "Regret what?" She asks.

Taehyung gulps before speaking, "I regret the times that I didn't do anything to find him, that I chose to forget about him." He pauses, "B-But then I saw him again and all I wanted to do is to keep him close, to hug him again, and to do things we didn't have the chance to do as a child."

"The time we had is so short."

"I never said how much I love him, that he means the world to me."