JN : FATE

"Fate is something that is too far to reach,
like the dead leaves that fall on an autumn day,
I fall for you." Kim Jennie.

Kim Jennie is your average girl. She lived with her parents, had a nice home, had toys, and had the best childhood with her parents.

But, princesses like her isn't always a happy ending.

Her mother became a widow when she was just five years old. At Daegu, an accident occured and her father was involved. However, despite her young age, her mind was widely opened. She knew exactly what happened, how the doctors tried to recover her father's life, and why it was suppose to happen.

Jennie was there when her father got bailed on the hospital bed. She was there when it happened. She was there and she knew exactly what killed him, it was murder.

Ever since then, Jennie kept herself locked from anybody around her. Kids around her age don't seem to care about her being an introvert and an outcast. She refused to listen to bedtime stories. She threw all of her toys away. She replaced her once jolly self to a dark abyss of her old self. And she stopped caring.

Locking herself up is the least thing she could do before losing her sanity.

However, there's one thing she believed in,

Fate.

Being a naive child she was, she used to believe in fairytales. How the prince will kiss his princess' lips then she would wake up, how singing would ease the pain, and how magical once life can be in just a sway of a magic wand.

That's how fairytales work. Right?

Two years passed and she kept that theory hidden in her heart.

"Sweetheart, where are you going?" Her mother softly asks once she saw a glimpse of her daughter walking down the stairs with a book on her hand.

If there's one thing that Jennie would save in this world, it's her mom. Her mother is the one who understands her throughout her whole life. Jennie loves her, dearly.

If only time would clenched around on her mother's hourglass of life, maybe Jennie has the chance to repay her for what she have done.

Jennie smiles. "On the park eomma." She shows her book to her mother. "M'just going to read." The mother clicks her tongue. "Again? You just read one this morning." Jennie giggles, agreeing with her mother's statement.

Jennie loves books. She loves the smell of its old and senescent pages with different kinds of tiny fonts and million little solemn details of words on its old texture. She's a bookworm. On her room, she has tons of books and they were mostly about William Shakespeare, love stories, sonnets, and proses.

Her mom nods her head, sighing. "Fine, but be back by three." Jennie nearly squeals. "Thank you, eomma!" She was about to go when her mother yells again. "Wait sweetheart! Your glasses."

"Oh! I almost forgot!" Jennie quickly runs to the drawers before smiling in satisfaction when she found her glasses. "Thanks eomma!"

-

"Ha ha happy ever after in a market place~" Jennie sings whilst holding a book in her hand with her glasses softly laying on her nose. She's sitting under an autumn tree; The tree is moisten in golden autumn skies, dried leaves, and oaky barks of woods. The book underneath her palms is shining on the sun rays, showing more and more letters of its pages.