24 : HEART

"AND I WILL BE HERE"

"Jennie?" Taehyung's eyes widen. Jennie looks at his cigarette, she quickly runs toward him, and takes the death stick away from him. "Y-Yah!" Taehyung tries to get it but Jennie crashes the tobacco by her bare hands and steps on it.

The boy stares at the crashed cigarette. His eyes faltering and he can feel them burning.

Burning with anger or maybe, pain.

So without a thought, Taehyung unconsciously grabs the girl's shoulders pinning her on the bricked wall.

Jennie lets out a cry of pain. Her back is crashed on the wall and it hurts because of the force he used. "T-Taehyung y-you're hurting me―" she gasps. "Taehyung please―"

"S-Shut up! Just shut up!" He whisper-yells at her, "I have been holding this agony inside me for days and I just want to let it out!"

"Taehyung listen I―"

"All I want is for someone to stay with me, why can't I make them stay?!" The grip on her shoulders tightens and Jennie internally flinches. The tears on her eyes are swelling up, but she will not let them fall.

"T-Taehyung, I will always be right here with you." Jennie pauses and breathes, "I-I mean, I am always here for you."

Taehyung shakes his head, "No you're not!" He glares at the girl but Jennie stays the same: forgiving and understanding.

He doesn't know what has gotten into him. He knows that he's hurting Jennie but he couldn't bring himself to stop.

"All you know Jennie, is to be dumb and blind! You're so stupid." Jennie stares at him in confusion. She didn't know what the hell is he talking about.

Jennie gulps as she raises her left hand to touch his cheek. She looks at his eyes, deeply.

"Sorry," Jennie blurts out. "I'm sorry for being dumb and blind."

Taehyung's eyes soften at her words.

Suddenly, the grip looses and Taehyung calms down a bit. "O-Oh g-god..." he realizes what he has just done. Jennie cups his cheek softly and Taehyung cries.

"S-Sorry sorry sorry sorry..." He leans his head on her shoulder, crying. Jennie hesitantly hugs him, lulling him down.

She pats his back gently. "It's okay Tae, just breathe." The female tries to comfort him.

Taehyung is still crying, so without any thought, Jennie starts to hum a tune her mother liked to use so much when she's upset.

"Yesterday, all my troubles seem so far away... Why'd she have to go, I don't know she wouldn't say. I said something wrong now I longed for yesterday..." Jennie sings the lyrics ever so melodic. The song 'Yesterday' by The Beatles is her mother's favorite song and the song that Jennie likes to listen to when she's down.

She pats his back as a sign of comfort, still humming. Taehyung closes his eyes and leans on her warmth even more.

He can feel the warmth of a person inside the girl and this is all he ever wanted... for someone to stay with him.