Recognize Anything?

Aimes Pov.
“Ugh! Where is it!” I shouted, pulling clothes out of my drawers. 

“You check the floor yet?” Adam chuckled, meaning the huge piles of clothes on my floor.

“Shut up Addy” I chuckled.

I searched all over the house for everything.

“Hey Aimes I found your cap” Guy handed me my Northstars baseball cap “It was on the couch”

“Thank you” I smiled quickly, still searching for my hoodie.

“Ya know I think I like this outfit” Adam smirked, wrapping his arms around my wait.

I was wearing my old camo cargo pants and a black sports bra.

“Adam” Charlie warned.

“Bite me Charlie. I’m dating your sister, what are ya gonna do about it?” Adam sassed.

Me, Guy, Fulton, Averman and Charlie all burst into laughter at that. 

“Found it!” Julie exclaimed, pulling it out of my closet.

“Yes thank you!” I smiled, pulling on the grey hoodie with the word hockey, spelled in red across the front. 

I slipped on my leather jacket and smiled at myself in the mirror.

+:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:+
I skated over to our new coach. Stopping easily in front of him.

"So? What do ya think coach?" I asked with a smirk.

"They really suck" he was almost shocked.

"Hey! They're not all bad! Guy's alright when Connie's not running into him. Charlie can skate okay, he just misses the puck a lot. Jesse's probably the best"

"Besides you" Bombay interrupted. I just shrugged "Nah you're really good kid. Especially for a girl. What's your name?"

I was taken back. He noticed I was a girl? I guess he knew I wasn't used to that cause he chuckled at my reaction.

"Uh, Amethyst, Amethyst Ryans, but everyone calls me Aimes"

He nodded.

"Well, you're good kid" he remarked, sorta dismissed. I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks Coach" I replied dryly before taking off to join the game again.
+:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:+
“Nah it’s a preppy jerk in a fire in a barrel” i said. 

I had barely noticed I said it really. I was still a little sour about my dad almost abandoning me for three weeks. He sighed and walked over to me.

“Aimes. I know. I haven’t been a great dad. And there’s really nothing I can do to make up for it. Cause you deserve the best dad, and the best brothers, and the best boyfriend even” my dad smirked at Adam, making us all chuckle “And I wasn’t that” he sighed

I shook my head

“Are you kidding? Sure you messed up, people do that, it’s called being human. You’re still the best dad I’ve ever had” I smiled. He smiled back “Come here dad” I Said with my arms open. 

He leaned forward and trapped me in a tight loving hug. 

“And not that we’d ever try to replace Freddy Aimes” Charlie reminded from beside me.

“Thank you guys” I smiled before looking at the sky “And I think Freddy would be pretty proud of my brothers down here” I smiled pulling Charlie and Guy into a side hug.

“And me?” Adam smirked

“Oh he’d hate you” I cringed, making everyone laugh.
+:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:+

“You haven’t changed a bit,” Guy chuckled.

“Good” Charlie nodded “I like you this way”

“Yeah, me too” Fulton nodded.

“Yeah” Averman smiled.

“Aimes! Your Dad’s here!” Casey called out.

“Coming!” I called back “See you later guys” I smiled.

“See ya in a bit Aimes” Charlie smiled.

“Bye babe” Adam kissed me quickly on the cheek.

I ran to the front door and saw my dad standing there with a small bouquet of flowers. He looked at me in shock.

“Recognize anything?” I smirked.

“I recognize that smirk” he chuckled “God, you still fit into all this stuff?”

“Mhm” I sighed.

“Come on kid” he chuckled “Were gonna miss the game”

Dad wrapped an arm around my shoulder and handed me the flowers as we walked to the car. Off on our very first, father daughter day.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Last chapter and the last book! I hope you guys liked this series and you enjoyed the adventure of Aimes and the Ducks. I can't thank you all enough for reading my book. I love you so so so much<3 <3 <3 Thank you