Something Else

Aimes Pov.
The next day we were supposed to play Varsity, in our own secret match, not the showdown. But Adam got them to drag it back so I could at least be there, but he didn't know I was gonna play. After 5 days I finally stopped feeling the effects of the ants, and I was headed down to the changeroom. Once I walked in everyone stopped and looked at me.

“Aimes” Guy exclaimed.

Guy, Connie, Julie, Averman, Kenny and Dwayne all ran up to me and pulled me in a hug.

“What are you doing here?” Charlie piped up.

“I’m here to play” I said bluntly 

“But your wrist-

“I’m alright” I stopped Guy “It’s well enough I can play” I nodded.

I wasn’t fully lying, cause it was feeling better, but it still might not have been fully healed.

“Shouldn’t you be playing with your boyfriend?” Russ raised an eyebrow.

“Russ, come on” I sighed. None of the other boys would look at me, either feeling guilty, or betrayed “You wanna know who I beat up that night?” I questioned.

“Probably some random unlucky guy on the street huh?” Charlie grumbled.

“Varsity!” I exclaimed. Finally the boys looked up at me, except Charlie “They were all laughing about how funny it was that they bested us, so I beat up about three of em, including Riley” I explained.

“Really?” Fulton smiled in amusement. 

I nodded.

“Whatever. You still shouldn’t play” Charlie mumbled.

I rolled my eyes.

“Come on guys. We already lost Adam, do you really wanna lose me?” I sighed. No one said anything again “Well, it doesn’t matter” I sighed “You all know I hate to use this excuse, but I’m the team captain, you can’t force me not to play”

Everyone nodded, knowing I was right. 

“Whatever” Charlie scoffed before walking out.

I sighed and started to change. 

“Hey Bombay” Fulton walked up to me “It’s good to have you with us” he smiled.

I nodded with a small smile.

Once we were finished getting ready we went out to the ice and saw the Varsity team. I saw Adam and once he noticed me he skated over.

“Amethyst are you crazy!” he exclaimed.

“Did you really think you could keep me off the ice?” I gave him a kind smirk.

Adam chuckled at my... basically my stupidity, even I knew it was.

“I knew I should’ve taken you with me” he chuckled. He then turned sad “I don’t wanna play against my girlfriend” he sighed.

I lifted his head with a smirk.

“Here, just to make it a little fun” I smirked “Whoever loses pays for a date at the cafe“

Adam chuckled.

“You are something else Bombay” he smiled.

“Hey! Aimes! Let’s go!” Charlie yelled.

I sighed and skated over to the team. We skated in a circle, just like Varsity, warming up for the game.

I heard Goldberg and Julie mumbling about who was the goalie.

“Guys” I called “Take shifts” I suggested.