CHAPTER 4

[A/N: Sungjae and Peniel on the right side >>]

It had been a few days since you and Min Ji went to the studio with BTOB. 

You recounted what had happened before you left:

“Ji Eun, may I please have your number?”

“Sure.” You said, pressing the keys of Peniel’s phone.

“Cool. I’ll give you a call or something, okay?”

You nodded and walked out to the hall way where SungJae had been standing. He looked at you and smiled, motioning for you to come to him.

“Let’s take a walk.” He said, holding onto your hand. You blushed hard. Every time you came in contact with SungJae your heart would go crazy. ‘Is it because I like him?’ you thought to yourself as you both strolled down the stairs and outside into the courtyard.   

SUNGJAE’S POV.

I held her hand, and my heart started beating faster than normal. I really wanted to tell her how I felt, but I was scared that she’d reject me after only knowing me a few days. ‘Maybe I should wait…’ I thought. We made our way to the courtyard. She suddenly let go of my hand and ran over to the bench by the fountain. “Yeppuda!” she said cutely. I smiled, and walked over to her. Standing up straight, she only came up to my shoulder, which was the perfect height in my opinion. I looked into her eyes, and lent forward a bit until our faces were almost touching. I didn’t even know what came over me, I’ve never done anything like this before, and it was all new to me. Who was this girl who made me so jealous and yet made me so happy at the same time? Ji Eun looked into my eyes, her cheeks turning a pretty shade of pink. “Ji Eun… I… I think I like you.” I said, all of a sudden. I expected her to flinch and laugh at me, but instead she looked back at me and smiled. “Oppa” she said. I think I almost died of happiness.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------  

You smiled at the thought as you walked through the aisle of the supermarket with Min Ji. “Why are you so happy for?”

She asked you, “Wait! I know! It’s because of SuuunngggJaaeee!”

She squealed, pinching your cheeks. “What about you? How’s Ilhoon doing?” You teased.

That same day, her and Ilhoon had exchanged numbers.

She blushed, “Well… we’ve been texting quite a bit and he wants to take me out to dinner tonight!”

Your eyes widened, “Jinjja? I’m so happy for you!” you hugged her.

“Let me help you pick an outfit okay?”

“Of course! Ji Eun! I’m going out on a DATE with ILHOON!”  

It was around 6.30pm when the doorbell rang. Min Ji was still freaking out, trying to figure out which shoes to wear.

“Can you get that? And stall some time for me!” She said, rushing you to the front door. You opened it and bowed, “Annyeong Oppa!” 

He pretended to curtsy and this made you laugh. “Is Min Ji ready?” he asked you.

“She is… kinda… she’s actually freaking out and doesn’t know which shoes to wear.” You replied honestly.

Ilhoon cracked a smile, “That girl… doesn’t she know I’ll like her even if she wears a garbage bag?”

“I’m here!” Min Ji half yelled, appearing in the hall way.

"Wah! So pretty!” Ilhoon said, jumping up and down.

“Let’s go!”

“Bye Ji Eun, see you later when I come home!” Min Ji said as she excitedly bounced out the door. “Bye! Have fun! Don’t do anything M rated!” You joked watching them leave.  

‘Hmm…’ you thought to yourself, ‘ottoke?’ You ended up deciding you would go out and eat some ramen at one of the stalls on the main road. You put on your light pink sweater and walked out; the sudden chill caught you by surprised. You walked up the road towards the small outdoor shop you saw earlier that day when coming home from the supermarket.

“Annyeong!” the store owner called out as you stepped under the covering, “What would you like today?” Taking your time to look at the menu, you felt a presence behind you. So close you could feel their breath on your neck. ‘What the crap?’ You thought, planning to turn around and give them a piece of your mind. Next things you knew, two hands roughly slammed down on your shoulders, causing you to jump in fright. You turned around, and there was a guy dressed in dark blue jeans and a grey hoodie with shades on. 'Who on earth wears shades at night time?’ you thought.

“Ji Eun!”  His voice sounded familiar.

“Why are you looking at me like you’ve just seen a ghost? It’s me… Peniel? Or do you not remember me?” You eyed him for an extra second, just to make sure it was him.

“Hey! Let’s eat together!” he said, pointing to a free table with two empty seats.

“Sure, I’ve just ordered so I’ll go sit down first” you said, smiling at him when you confirmed it was him.  

When he had ordered, he sat down opposite you. You really enjoyed his company, perhaps because he was so easy to get along with or maybe it was because you both could connect much better than with many of the members of BTOB. 

“So what are you doing out by yourself? Where’s Min Ji?” He asked

“Oh! Didn’t you hear? She went on a date with Ilhoon oppa!” You beamed, a bit like a proud mother. He stayed silent for a while.

“Would you consider this a date?” He asked you suddenly.

“Um… I don’t know, because oppa didn’t ask me out to dinner properly” You said, putting on some aegyo so it wouldn’t get awkward. 

“So if I was to ask you out on a date, would you say yes?” Before you could answer, your phone rang. It was SungJae. Perfect timing. 

“Hello?” You answered, giving an apologetic look to Peniel as if to say sorry for the interruption.

“Ji Eun-ah! Where are you? I came by your house but no one answered the door.”

His happy voice filled your ears and you couldn’t help but smile. “I’m with Peniel oppa, eating ramen!” you replied.

“Annyeong!” Peniel said loudly so SungJae could hear him.

“Oh… I see…” You heard SungJae’s voice drop a little.