CHAPTER 21

CHAPTER 21: Tears

SUNGJAE’S POV.

“Ji Eun?” I called, searching the ballroom frantically. I didn’t care if I looked like a total idiot.

“SungJae!” HyunA called, beckoning me over. I walked over, my eyes scanning the room. “Why are you running around so much? Who are you looking for?” She asked, slightly concerned.

“Ji Eun. Have you seen her anywhere?” I asked.

“I think I saw her leave earlier with her girlfriend and a few of the other guys.” She said, trying to help, “If you run fast enough, I think you can catch up with them.”

“Thanks noona!” I called, already running away from her.

‘I need to find her.’ I thought, pushing past the crowd. I ran out the front doors, looking in every direction possible but I couldn’t find her.

Then I saw Min Ji. “Hey.” I panted, looking at her. “Where’s Ji Eun?”

“Sorry… she left with GongChan.” She said, looking at me, “I tried to ask her what was wrong but she just told me that she’d talk to me at our apartment.”

“What? GongChan?! WHAT IS… UGH!” I yelled.

“Whoa! Calm down!” Min Ji said, not understanding my frustration.

“Okay. Thanks for helping anyway.” I said, turning to walk back to the building.

“SungJae oppa… I’m not sure if this will help, but if you want, I can give you the key to our apartment and you can wait there?” 

I turned around and nodded at her. “Thanks so much.” I took the key and set off to their apartment.

I fumbled for the key in my pocket as I approached the front door.

Letting myself in, I sat on the stairs, waiting for Ji Eun to return home.

‘What do I say to her?’ I realized I didn’t plan what was going to happen when she walked through the door. I watched the clock flip numbers. I had already been waiting 2 hours. What was she doing with him? I started to worry. I unlocked my phone and dialed her number. It rang three times before she picked up. 

“Hello?” she said, half laughing.

“Hello? Ji Eun? Where are you?” I asked

“SungJae oppa! I’m out! Where are YOU!!!!” she giggled

She had obviously been drinking.

“I’m at your apartment, waiting for you to come home.” I said seriously.

“Awwwww! That’s so sweet! I’ll come home RIIIIGGGHHTT now!” she then hung up on me.

‘What the heck is that GongChan guy thinking?!’ I slammed my fist onto the carpet. ‘Ugh! What is she thinking?!’

Thirty minutes later, the door opened.

“Oppa~!” she squealed, running over to me and hugging me. She was definitely more than tipsy.

“Ji Eun. I think you need to lie down.” I said, leading her up the stairs after shutting the front door.

“Okay! Whatever you saaaaaay~” she burst open through her room door and sat on her bed, patting the space next to her and smiling at me. I sighed and sat next to her.

“I’ll talk to you in the morning, okay? I’ll be on the couch if you need anything.”

Ji Eun looked at me with puppy dog eyes.