CHAPTER 17

CHAPTER 17: Invitation

“WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FINGER?!” Min Ji screamed as you walked into the apartment.

“I sliced some of it off…” you said, wincing in pain. “How?!” she yelled, running up to you.

“Carrots.” You sighed, picking up the mail with your other hand. 

“Oh? What’s this?” you said, opening an envelope addressed to you and Min Ji. Pulling out the piece of card, you saw that it was decorated specifically. It read:

‘Ji Eun and Min Ji have been personally invited by CUBE ENTERTAINMENT to attend the annual K pop festival ball as guests of boy group BTOB’

“Why does your face look so bewildered?” Min Ji asked, taking the card out of your hand.

She read it, and looked at you.

“Tell me this is real.” She said, pinching her own arm. “Ouch! Yes. It’s definitely real.”

You looked at the card again. “IT’S TOMORROW NIGHT?!”

“What?!” Min Ji said, eyes opening wider and then smiling.

“I guess this means… shopping!” she beamed excitedly, grabbing her purse and yours then pulling you out the door.

You entered a large shopping complex.

“So… if it’s a ball, that means long dresses right?” you said, following Min Ji’s lead.

“Yep! Yay we’re going to look so pretty! Maybe BEAST will be there!”

She started giggling like a crazy fan girl. “You already have Ilhoon oppa!” you reminded her.

“I know I know! But it would just be fun to meet them!” she reassured you.

Your phone rang – it was HyunSik. “Hello?”

“Ji Eun! I’m going to assume you’re shopping for the dress you'll wear tomorrow night, correct?” he guessed.