CHAPTER 2

“What?! DID YOU JUST SAY SOME HOT, TALL GUY CALLED SUNGJAE ASKED YOU OUT ON A DATE?” Min Ji screeched through the phone, “WHAT IF ITS… YOOK SUNGJAE FROM BTOB. OH MY GOSH! I AM SO JEALOUS!”

You sat inside one of the cubicles of the bathroom, knowing this was going to be a fairly long talk.       “Dude! If he asks to take you home say yes! If you don’t I will actually punch you in the face!” She said half jokingly, “This way I can tell you if it is actually THE SungJae.”

“Fine. I’ll see you at home okay?”  You said, before clicking the end call button.

 You sighed and got up, ‘Only my first proper day back and so much has happened already.’ You thought to yourself. You washed your hands and looked at your face in the mirror. Your eye bags had disappeared which was a good thing. You straightened yourself up and applied some lip balm. There was still had another 3 hours before the date.      

You decided you would go and check out the Etude House store nearby. Min Ji had always gone on and on about how amazing the products were and how cute the celebrities were who promoted it. You walked into this big, pink, fluffy store. “Welcome!” a shop assistant greeted you.       

You did wear some make up, but not enough to let it be obvious. You went into a couple more stores before your phone started ringing. It was your brother. “Hello?” You said, putting the phone to your ear.      

“Ji Eun!” He practically half yelled, “How was the plane ride? Were you comfortable? Make sure you’re wearing enough clothing because its winter over there!”

We had that cute, sibling love relationship and were super close.      

“Ji Young oppa, calm down! The plane ride was terrible – you know how much I hate planes. I think I would never ever be able to be comfortable on a plane and yes I am wearing layers upon layers. You don’t need to worry!”

“You better not be lying to me!” He said before chuckling, “Anyways, I was thinking maybe I could come and visit. I know you only just got there but I miss you already! Emily has been driving me crazy!”

“Be nice to your wife!” You scolded playfully, “If you don’t then she’ll stop cooking you your favourite foods!”

You could sense him pouting, “Shush! Okay I’ll call you in a few days okay? It’s really expensive and we can Skype!”      

“Sure, I look forward to it. Bye!” You pressed the end call button and put your phone back into your handbag.       

Before you knew it, it was already 7.30pm. ‘Crap! I’m late!’ You thought, as you quickly paid for this gorgeous pair of black pumps and rushed towards the restaurant. And there he was, waiting for you. He hadn’t changed out of his casual black jeans and dark blue coat. Now that you thought about it, both of you were wearing matching clothes. ‘Dang, he’s hot.’ You thought to yourself before realising that you were blushing a light pink. He saw you and smiled, sending your heart into a craze. You bowed politely at him and he led you into the restaurant. As the two of you walked in, you could feel all the girls staring at him and then staring at you which made you really self-conscious.  SungJae pulled out your chair for you to sit down. ‘What a gentleman!’ you smiled to yourself. He sat down opposite you and looked at you for a while.