LII

Omniscient 

"This is what the girls call a snap back

"This is what the girls call a snap back." Brooklyn mumbled as she looked down at the picture she just took. 3 months post birth, she was looking amazing. Her main concern wasn't her appearance, but it was nice for her to feel as good as she looked. 

"You smiling at mommy?" Brooklyn cooed at Micah who showed nothing but gums. Malachi laid next to his brother, fast asleep. Brooklyn picked up Micah, bringing him to the changing table. He made little noises and blew bubbles with his mouth as he looked straight up at mom. His bright gray eyes were his cutest feature. Brooklyn assumed the color would remain like that forever since they showed no sign of change. 

She had to go to Chris's house to finalize how they would do this co-parenting stuff. Neither ever thought this would be happening right now, especially not Chris. But Brooklyn made it clear that he made his bed and had to lay in it. Chris was surprised with the way Brooklyn was acting this time around, hell Brooklyn was a bit surprised herself. She completely cut him off, blocked him, didn't run to social media, her main focus was herself and the twins this time. 

"We're gonna go see daddy." Brooklyn whispered, Micah watched her closely. Brooklyn noticed that when she would talk, he stared at her lips a lot and moved his mouth in the same way. No sound would come out because he didn't know how to talk, but it was almost like he tried to. 

Brooklyn picked Micah up after successfully changing him. She carefully walked downstairs with him, laying him in his little bassinet. It was easier for her to get them dressed separate just in case one wanted to get fussy. They liked to play follow the leader with each other which brought Brooklyn pure hassle. 

"It's okay baby." Brooklyn spoke in a baby voice once she made it back upstairs and grabbed Malachi. Like she expected, he was crying to the top of  his lungs. It was only because he had to be woken up. 

Brooklyn popped his pacifier in his mouth, just to get him to shut up for the moment. She didn't plan on using pacifiers too frequent or for too long because she didn't want them hooked to it. 

"You must miss ya daddy." Brooklyn mumbled to herself. Even though the twins were very new when Brooklyn left, she knew that they knew who their father was. Chris and them hadn't seen each other since she left and she could admit that it was her fault. The only one who knew her new address was Bernice, not even Brielle knew. 

It wasn't in her plans to keep the twins away from their father, but she needed to clear her head. She recognized that it was kind of selfish, but it wasn't like he was around like that when he did have the chance to be around them. 

Brooklyn picked up Malachi who had finally calmed down and brought him downstairs where his brother laid chewing on his foot. Brooklyn smiled down at him before going by the side door. She crouched down while securely holding Malachi to put him in his car seat.