Chapter 13

Ava woke with a start, inhaling as much air as she could as if she had stopped breathing. Her entire body coated in sweat from the dream like state she had been in.

When she looked around the room, Steele wasn't there, she didn't understand where he had gone, the noise outside was silent of wolves.

Ava got to her feet and headed out of the tent, only one wolf was at the camp. "Where is everyone?" Ava asks.

"They have followed the Alpha to war Luna" he says.

Ava looked at him shocked, he was using a title she doesn't have.

"War? Where?" she demanded to know.

"South the pack games". And that is all Ava had to say before she took off towards the Snow Stone Pack.

"No wait, you are to stay at camp" the young warrior calls out, but Ava was already gone.

She had no idea how long she was out, but the tension in her body and the unrelaxed wolf pacing around inside of her told Ava that the blood moon was close.

She had no idea how far she was from the Snow Stone Pack, but she was determined to get to Steele before he put so many lives in danger, including her father's.

It was a day's run and Ava found Steele and his pack camping out thirty minutes from the Snow Stone Pack borders.

She remined hidden, wanting to find Steele and see what they were planning before she made her presence known. With no scent it was only sound that could give her away.

But that was not the case, she forgot that Steele could smell her, being her mate, he was the only one who could.

Steele came up behind her and spun her around, slamming her back against a tree.

Ava gasps in shock and at the loss of air in her lungs, "You can't attack there are so many innocent people, children" Ava exclaims.

Steele growls and shakes his head "They didn't with all the innocent people they slaughtered".

Ava shakes her head "You're right, but you doing this is the same as them, do you want to be like them?" Ava screams out the question.

Steele gets angry and his hand wraps around Ava's neck. Her hands grip on his to try and get him to release but he kept his solid grip.

"I know they killed your mother" Ava gasped out hoping he would back off.

Steele released his grip and Ava dropped to her knees holding her neck as she tried to catch her breath.

"How, no one else knows but Flynn" Steele spoke, his breathing all over the place with his anger. He knew Flynn wouldn't have released that information, not even to the Alpha's mate.

"The high council set your father up, Selina found out what they did, she put the pieces together and they killed her for it, pinning it on your father which made him worse even after the loss" Ava explained to Steele.

He looked into the eyes of his mate and saw only truth.

"Let me help you Steele, I can get everyone to see the truth and no one who doesn't deserve it will get hurt" Ava begs.

Her eyes pleaded with Steele to let her try first.

But the look on his face told Ava he was unwilling to do as she requested. "I'm not stopping you from killing the council, they kept this secret all these years and some of them on there now were involved in your mother's death, but everyone else deserves to know the truth, give me some time, let me tell them and let them decide, after that you can do what you want, but you're not going to make anyone believe you if you come in and slaughter them all".