Chapter 12

The Snow Stone Pack were rushing around the grounds, Mason was doing everything he could to locate Ava, at first they thought she had fallen asleep somewhere, being injured and training as much as she had been it was possible again.

However, minutes turned into hours and hours into days. The pack was one day from welcoming other packs into their territory for the ceremony that very evening and they had lost a head warrior.

Six days Ava had been missing, after two days Mason had no choice but to call his old friend and tell him what had happened, the worst part was they couldn't even track her because she held no scent like other wolves, in fact they knew nothing about how she disappeared, after her morning independent training session she vanished.

Samuel left this pack under the charge of his Beta so he could come and look for his daughter.

When he arrived, he saw his old friend for the first time in person in four years. His face full of remorse and guilt. She had gone missing under his watch after all.

The Alpha's embrace one another "I'm sorry Sam, I should have looked out for her better".

Samuel separates from the embrace, his hands still holding onto his dear friend, "It's not your fault Mason, Ava is her own person, she wouldn't have become the first female warrior if she couldn't handle herself".

Though he was beginning to worry, it wasn't like Ava to disappear and not leave a message even if it was linking her own father to inform him that she was going away for a while. And on top of that she was working, she never leaves in the middle of a job.

Samuel embraced Luna Sarah to console her too, "Oh Samuel, I'm sorry".

"Sarah it isn't your fault, it isn't anyone's, we'll find her".

Mason guided his old friend into the pack house. Kyle was stood waiting to speak to Alpha Samuel.

"Alpha" he speaks stepping forward.

Samuel glowers at the boy and growls, "I still haven't forgiven you for what you did to my daughter, your father may be my best friend but it will not stop me from ripping your heart out, I have other matters to tend to".

Kyle bowed his head in submission to the Alpha and heaves a sigh. He only wanted to help, but his past wrongs were now causing him issues.

Mason showed his old friend to the office where he had already gathered maps of his territory and surrounding areas "We've cleared the pack territory and a five mile surrounding radius, Jason is currently out now searching the east and is moving south and around to the west, then north, so far there is nothing".

Mason wished he had better news for his friend but there was no way to track her,

"We've tried to use her clothes to gather her scent, but she hasn't shifted, so there's nothing to trace" Mason added on when Samuel remained silent.

The Alpha's take a seat and remain silent for a short while until Samuel sighed.

"Ava shifted when she was eight years old" Samuel finally expelled to his friend.

Mason looked at the other Alpha with shock, that was impossible

"Why can't we sense her?" Mason asked, his jaw hanging low upon hearing the new information.

"Because she isn't like every other werewolf, she's special".

Mason huffed out a chuckle, "I can see that she has made extraordinary strides in her short life".

Samuel nodded in agreement "Alana said she would".

Both men were surprised at Samuel's mention of his late mate, he never spoke about her, Mason never asked the reason as to why that was but respected his decision to do so.