Chapter 2

The moment Ava drove into the Snow Stone Pack she felt it, even though she was invited into the territory, wolves still get an unnerving feeling when entering another pack, it was to let them know where they were and that they weren't in no man's land anymore.

Ava took a breath, even though she was still driving towards the pack house, she needed to mentally prepare herself, this was happening now and it was going to be difficult, but she was determined to make it out alive.

Cars were parked all over the place, Ava kept her truck a distance away from the rest, she wanted to stay as separate as she could.

Getting out of the truck, she closes the door. Leaving her bags in the back, Ava began walking to the entrance.

When she looked up at the all too familiar pack house it was as if she had been sent back in time to when she was a little girl and her father brought her here so she could see her 'uncle' Mason, Samuel's best friend.

Her childhood was good most of the time, many of her memories were made here. Now they were a distant memory she wished she forgot, but it is a part of her and always will be.

There were a few people in the house, some of the children running around with water pistols in their hands, smile son their faces and laughter in the air.

Ava smiled, Mason was a very lenient Alpha with the children, which is one of the main reasons Ava was there in the first place.

Ava's nose immediately caught the smell of familiar barbeque which put a wider smile on her face.

Following the smell, Ava was introduced to the entire pack. Many of which were half naked and playing in and out of the swimming pool.

It didn't take much to spot Mason and his Luna Sarah, but what shocked Ava most was the toddler in Sarah's arms.

At first, she thought the Luna was holding another pack member's child, but the loving look on her face told Ava otherwise.

Mason: being the Alpha smelt the odd but familiar scent in his pack and turned to find the source.

When he saw Ava stood in the doorway his smile grew, reaching from ear to ear. It had been four years since he had seen Ava.

"Well as I live and breathe" Mason spoke.

Sarah followed her mate's line of sight and smiled broadly.

Ava practically bounced to Mason and Sarah, she embraced them both with excitement.

"Oh, how I've missed having a girl about the house" Sarah sighed.

Ava looked at Sarah confused, "You live in a pack house, it's full of girls".

Sarah shook her head, "None of them are you" she complimented as she twirled a lock of Ava's ponytail around her finger.

Ava smiled and looked down a Sarah's arm, "Looks like you don't have to worry about that now" gesturing to the little girl snoozing in her arms.

"Dad never told me you were expecting another" Ava spoke.

Mason nodded, "I told him not to tell you, I knew you would be torn between coming to visit with the situation at the time, especially when it was so soon after the incident" Mason explained, making sure to avoid using specific words.

At the mention of this Sarah rolled her eyes, "My stupid son, never good at seeing what was perfect being handed right to him".

Ava chuckles, but it was forced, she didn't want to feel awkward around them.

The only problem was Sarah didn't have a filter and anything she thought came right out of her mouth, especially when it came to her eldest son and the rejection four years ago.