Chapter 10: Rooms.

"Braedon?"

I slice the silence with my voice, shaking painfully. Confused and dazed are the two words I could use to define this moment.

I don't know who anyone is. I don't know who I am. I don't know who to trust. I don't know who to turn to. I just don't know.

"Yes my precious?" My boyfriends voice so soft and silky it's slips through the air so effortlessly it makes breathing look difficult.

"Will you stay with me? I mean I don't really know what's going on and I just need someone who I know and can trust with me tonight?" I whisper, my voice cracking and hands shaking.

Braedon takes my shaky hands in his own and passes his heat to me, warming up my entire body. He gives me a rush I've never experienced. A warm, fuzzy feeling in the pit of my stomach that makes me anxious yet excited.

I don't know what this feeling is but I like it. I like it a lot.

"Of course I will baby. You know I'm always here for you."

He grabs a flick of hair that has escaped the hair tie it was thrown up in and twists it round his little finger.

"Do you remember anything at all Johanna?" He asks his eyes filled with some emotion I can't recognise, he looks questioning with a smirk that upturns one side of his lip.

"Only that I'm from Panem. I live in district seven with my boyfriend Braedon." I recite. Just like I've been taught.

"That's a start and tomorrow we'll learn some more, okay?" I nod eagerly in response to the boy. "Let's get comfortable before sleeping shall we?"

Both of us climb up off of a warm, red settee with little buttons sewn up the sides of the arms. He leads me to a little rise on the floor which holds a four poster bed made out of beautiful material which shines as the light catches it. Braedon catches me admiring the frame.

"It's oak that. With a glossy finish made perfectly for a perfect girl." He tells me with a kiss.

He does that a lot. Kiss. Always on the bridge of my nose, tip of my nose, my head, my lips. Lots of places.

He untucks the silk sheets in a pastel red colour and helps me in. He sweeps away any stray hairs from my eyes and wraps me up, before making his way to get in the other side.

"Braedon will you tell me a story?" I whisper into the concealing darkness.

Darkness is funny. It feels like you are lost yet you are found. It feels like you can hide yet you can be found. It feels like a game you aren't playing.

"Okay I know one about a little girl named Bonnie Rightly." He paused, inhaled and began.

"Bonnie was a young girl of ten. Her hair, bright blonde, separated by two plaits falling on either shoulder. Her mother was nasty. A witch even. Widowed by her father who died fighting in a Great War we never speak of. Bonnie admired her fathers strength, for he went out tirelessly to protect a country. But after her fathers death, life was not fun for Bonnie until she met a man. This man shall remain nameless. His names scares everybody. Gives them chills and it's unspoken. So Bonnie and the man went on a gentle stroll, or at least that's what she believed. You see this man was deceiving. He claimed to be someone he wasn't. What he was, was a mean ugly little man who had a passion for killing. Bonnie and the man passed a lake and he stop. She asked him what was wrong and he replied everything. So he sat down and begun to cry, holding a knife secretly behind his back and when Bonnie came to hug him, he-"

I let out a piercing scream that stopped Braedon from continuing.

"Shhh. You've got to be quiet, you idiot." And he hit me round the head, creating more confusion.

Why would you hit someone you love?

Pure shock was implanted on his face and three quick shudders of the door were heard before it creaking open revealing two flustered people.

A man and a woman. Both with night gowns pulled round them tightly.

"Braedon, what on earth do you think you're doing here?" The man curses and storms over to the bed.

I quickly put my arm out shielding my boyfriend.

"Don't you ever talk to my boyfriend like that again Mister. That is not a nice tone and frankly isn't very nice."

"Johanna?" Now it's the woman's turn to speak up.

"Yes?"

"Come here now."

"No he's going to hurt Braedon!" I scream, grabbing onto Braedon's arm like there's no tomorrow.

"Johanna get here now!" Her voice is chiding yet calls authority. I abide what she screams and meekly jump out of bed and run to her.

Our eyes meet and I feel like I know her. I feel like I know her a lot, yet I can't put my finger on where I know her from or how I know her.

I don't know why but I leapt into her warm arms, opening and comforting.

She whispers comforts into my ears as we watch the scene between the man and my boyfriend.

"What did you say to her?" The man asks, anger masked over his whole face and even his body is tense.

"Nothing Blight, I just told her some truths."

"Don't be such a dick, Braedon. I knew you were a lowlife but I didn't realise how far the bottom was." He spits.

I try to run to Braedon but the woman's grip is iron like and I can't escape.

"Tell her the truth right now Braedon."

"No."

"Do as I say."

"Fuck. You."

"That's it!"

The man clenches his fist and the whole room goes dark and a mans chuckle is heard ringing out with the smell of blood contesting my nostrils.