Chapter 3: Train Rides.

Blight lead me through a number of train doors all while my heart was threatening to jump out of my chest.

Una has to be okay. I mean, how could anything bad happen to her? She can't leave. She can't leave me now.

Blight stops and with tears burning at his eyes, he turns to me.

"Johanna," Blight pauses and I hear Una scream in pain from behind the other side of the door. "Just. Just don't saying anything okay. She's in enough pain as it is."

I nod and walk through the door.

What I witnessed, I didn't want to see. I was expecting a minor tummy ache or something Blight just wanted checking because she's knocked up.

I swear, what I saw broke my heart. Her screams vibrated through me and my heart fell through my ass and hit the floor.

This shouldn't have happened to Una.

Una is a ghastly pale colour with all traces of makeup cried off. Her hands are in tight balls and her knuckles turning white from the pressure. Her eyes are closed and my prep team swarm her.

"Johanna, get out of here, keep walking to the end of the corridor. I'll be there in a second!" Blight calls much more audible.

"No. Why, who is it?" I manage to walk into the room only to see the corpses face and I fall straight back to the floor.

"You idiot, Jo. I told you to go!"

That corpse was Cade. Cade lying dead to the world.

My flashback pricks tears at my eyes and I shake my head at the thought. Cade was ready to be put in a wooden box and shipped home.

Another scream from Una jolts me back to reality. Blight is by the top of her head, keeping hold of both of her shaking hands.

"Blight. What...What happened?" I ask looking at Una's stomach for the first time.

The blood is pooled and drips delicately onto the floor. I want to say the blood has stopped but it's far from the truth.The wound is deep and I'm stood pretty far away, I'm dreading thinking how deep it actually is.

"Let's go for a walk sweetheart." Genny takes me hands but I don't move. "Come on dear."

"No! Let me stay with her!" I push my way to Una and crouch down next to Blight.

I can really say we've improved our relationship over the past few months and now I couldn't imagine Una not being here with Blight and I. She was the glue that held us together.

I hate to say this but Blight and Una have been there for me more than my own parents.

"Hi." I croak to Una who undoubtedly pays no attention to me and screams again.

"We're nearly there princess, keep holding on." Blight says through his tears.

I know he's lying, I bet there is a good two hours to go yet. I breathe deeply and my tears soak my dress but for once, I don't stop them.

Blight pulls me into his chest and I take one of Una's hands from him.

"We stick together, you can't leave us so early Una."

"Get out of the way please, ma'am." A man says to me and pushes me away from Una.

"Where are you going? Let me come!" My screams fall on dead ears, nobody listens.

More fussing goes on and I don't know where to look.

"Help me! What are you doing with her?"

I collapse to the ground, wanting answers.

"Johanna, come on sweetheart. Let's go find the two." Genny whispers in my ears picking me up and leading me out of the train and into the Capitol's fine hospital.

"What happened to her?" I sob.

"Johanna, someone nasty was lurking around us. Una went to the bathroom and we heard a scream. Blight, Violet, Honey and I ran into the bathroom to find nobody but Una slumped against the back wall with a knife inside her stomach. The district eleven doctors did everything they could be we need special Capitol treatment." Genny explains as we walk down corridor after corridor.

Genny must know where we are heading because she comes to a stop at a door.

"We have to wait outside. Don't say anything or complain because I'm not particularly happy with this either but we have to respect them."

I nod and take a seat on the floor.

Why did it have to be now? Why did it have to be Una? I never told her how much I secretly loved her.

"But her baby is fine right?" I ask, her baby popping up in my mind instantly.

"We don't know Johanna, we just don't know."