Chapter 5: Trips

Una barely talks, just sobs. Blight barely talks, just quietly cries, letting his tears dribble from his face to his shirt. I don't do anything.

I don't know how to feel. How are you supposed to feel when you realise everyone you have come to love, have been killed?

What can you do? Scream and shout? And where the hell does the get you? Maybe the mental hospital.

All I can do is listen to my heartbeat trashing against my ribs trying to rip itself out so I can no longer feel the pain.

A knock on the door wakes both Blight and me but Una barely stirs.

"Hello, Sir. We are here to check Una's vitals before we can let her go back home." A elderly doctor bustles in, creating so much noise not even the heaviest sleeper could sleep through.

Blight nods and takes Una's hand and I watch on from the side.

"Blood, fine. Water, good. Urine, clear. Bleeding, none." He reads into a walkie-talkie.

"Miss Levus, you are discharged. I will bring your paperwork up before you can leave. I need you to go home, get some rest and you'll be as right as rain. I wish you and Blight all the best." He leaves with a nod.

"Let's get you changed Una." Blight announces grabbing the night bag from the shelving in the corner.

Blight gets Una changed slowly, being careful of her stomach for the fear of ripping open the freshly healed wound.

The doctor reemergence with a wad of dull coloured papers and a smile plastered across his face.

"Take these home," he hands Blight some antibiotics. "Take two a day, before eating. Also sleep. If you feel any pain or trouble don't hesitate to go to your doctors. All the best, you are now discharged."

Una doesn't smile, not with her eyes anyway. I grab her had an lead her to the car in the parking lot.

"Let's go home."

The car takes us to the train station.

"Are we not continuing the tour?" I ask Blight while picking at a strawberry muffin.

"No, it got canceled this year but it doesn't mean both you and I are going to be mentors this year."

"I'm not ready Blight. I can't deal with it."

"Neither can any other victor Johanna. Everyone else has gone through the same thing, look at Crazy Cresta from four for example."

"I know." I gulp.

"We can do this together. Now let's get home."

The train ride passes in a blur. Una sleeping gently on Blight as he strokes her hair.

We come back to Seven with the sun setting in the distance and a warm breeze flowing through the district.

Una has crutches to help ease the pain and weight on her sore stomach. Blight has to help her down the train steps and she stands at the base of the steps.

"You want me to call a car to get us home?" Blight asks Una who shakes her head in reply.

"I can do it myself."

We all walk to the victors village where we all have a house.

I start to walk down the path to my door before Blight calls out.

"You want to come over?"

"Um, no thanks. Look after Una and I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Alright, we love you."

"I love you both."

I lock the door behind me and let's out a sigh. Before I even manage to finish the sigh, the phone begins to ring.

"Fucking idiots." I mutter as I pick up the phone. "Hello?"

"Oh Johanna dear!" Luck must be on my damn side, freaking Snow has to call.

"Yes, honey?" I mock, putting on a posh lady voice.

"I have a job for you."

"No."

"You haven't heard it yet."

"I don't care."

"Listen-"

"No!"

"Joh-"

"NO!"

"Listen!" Snow roars and as timidly as a mouse, I squeak.

"Thank you." He continues. "I need you to do a little, say, business. In the Capitol."

"You want me to have sex with the entire male population, right? Finnick's got the girls covered." I say with as much venom as possible.

"Not the entire population."

"Just you then? No thank you. Talk to you later-"

"Not me. Just. Just some people I have connections with."

"No!" I say.

"Oh really? I take it you wouldn't mind if some of my men came round to your house then?"

"Kill me. Go on. Get rid of the little nuisance I am. That's how it goes right?"

"Not you. Your mentor and escort. They'd be good looking dead people-"

"When do you need me?"