Flyer

The cleanup was being handled by a few spare demons that were kept by the Horsemen, there was a lot to clean up. Most of the camp had been burned or scorched a dark black, or it was cracked and crumbling. Some of the vents had been demolished in the fighting, there were dead Nephilim everywhere they looked. Some of the rooms had been ransacked leaving beds overturned, mattresses torn into, clothes ripped.

Morrigan leaned against her doorframe looking at just that, the door itself lay in two pieces in front of her on the ground. The bed had been destroyed, the beautiful frame was now scrap. Most of her clothes had been ripped for no reason other than the Nephilim were assholes and thought to cause her annoyance even from the grave. She was dressed in one of Kael’s t-shirts which was just a size too big for her, but it fit nonetheless. Underneath it she wore a pair of shorts that had remained untouched in her wardrobe. Gritting her teeth she stepped carefully through the debris to a familiar piece of cloth, crouching down among a shattered vase she lifted the black and white polka dotted fabric clenching her fist around it.

“Damnit.” She cursed tossing it to the ground, it was her favorite dress, they had ruined everything she had owned.

“What’s the damage report?” Morrigan looked over her shoulder to Kael who stood in the doorway not looking at the mess around her, his eyes stayed trained on her a tense nervousness in them. He was still concerned about her wounds and she could feel it.

Letting out a deep breath she tossed her hands out to her sides wincing as it made her stomach twinge, “It’s all crap now.” She walked over towards him biting back her irritation with the fact that she was wearing bright green flip-flops. They were hideous, her entire outfit was hideous.

“Yeah, most of the rooms got hit pretty hard.” He stepped into the room ignoring the crunch of glass and wood under his feet.

Luckily for him his boots were still good and he didn’t have to wear a mismatched get-up like Morrigan. Although to him she looked cute with her hair a big mess of curls, her face pinched in a pout as she looked over what used to be her room.

“I take it we can’t stay here any longer?” she asked looking up at him trying her damndest to hide the scowl.

Kael nodded turning around and walking back out of the room into the partially charred hallway, down the hallway near where his room was going to be there was still some spots that smouldered. They had been hit hard, none of them had been prepared for an attack of this scale.

“Nope, the Horsemen have made the decision to scatter for a couple days. When they have a new location for us I’ll be notified and we head off again.” He let out a heavy sigh tucking his hands into his jeans.

“Great, so where are we being sent to?” she stepped back over the debris and joined Kael out in the hallway, her left hand pressed against her stomach as she winced again.

Eyeing her nervously he answered, “My place, Nephilim can’t find it and I have it secured.” He answered meeting her unimpressed jade eyes.

“We’re going shopping later.” She muttered walking past him up the hallway towards the swinging doors.

“Orion’s out right now picking you up clothes, they’ll be at my place by the time we get there.” He jogged up to her right side.

She stopped walking turning her body to face him, “Why is he out getting me clothes?” her voice was rough and tight, she sounded like a chain smoker who was just getting over strep throat.

“Because he doesn’t want us stopping on the way. Now come on.” He sighed hooking his arm in hers and forcing her to walk down the burnt hallway.