Who?

Morrigan walked behind Kael into the elevator lift, wearily she looked at the strange contraption her eyes narrowing suspiciously. He didn’t even seemed to notice her slowing pace as they neared the stainless steel doors with their horizontal grain slashing white lines across harsh silver.

She could feel warm threads of energy flowing through the air wrapping around her arms like restraints. The sensation made her skin crawl, she fought to shiver as she stepped into the tiny box, Kael ignored her tremors as it began to move descending deep into the earth making her ears pop with the change in pressure.

“So who is down here, or am I not allowed to know names?” She asked breaking the silence.

Kael leaned back against the wall on her left next to the control panel, “You will call the other Horsemen by their names, they will most likely introduce themselves. But their New bloods will be weary of you.” He sighed honesty ringing in his voice.

Morrigan knew why they would be weary of her, “Is it really so bad that I have tit’s and-.”

Kael’s look cut her off, “You even start to finish that sentence and we will not have a fun visit.” He growled narrowing his grey eyes at her.

“Fine.” She spat, “Is it really all that bad that I’m a girl?” she asked curbing the entire sentence.

He looked down at his feet crossing his arms over his chest, the muscles in his arms bunching as he flexed his hands. Slowly he nodded his head looking back up to meet Morrigans green eyes.

“Yeah it really is. To be a horsemen you need to have the muscle power as well as the metaphysical power. They won’t accept you.”

Morrigan laughed shaking her head at him, “This isn’t a popularity contest, I’m not asking to be their best friend, or even their family. The only reason I’m here is because it’s better than solitary confinement.”

Kael raised an eyebrow and Morrigan realized finally that he didn’t really know what had happened to her, she quickly made a friendly version of what happened and squared off her shoulders.

“You gonna share with the class?” He asked tilting his head to the side.

“I was caught in something bad when I was a kid, the evidence all pointed to me and the courts had no other choice but to ship me off to prison. I’ve spent the past thirteen years in solitary.” She sighed looking at the doors fighting a scowl. Her reflection was distorted and blurred.

“I have a feeling that isn’t the full story but I’ll take it.” He said inhaling deeply before shifting his weight to his left leg, “I’m sorry you had to grow up like that.” Morrigans eyes stretched wide as surprise billowed like a cloud inside of her chest.

“I was two weeks away from the lethal injection, then Death showed up and that was it. I never once thought he would actually come back for me.” She laughed shaking her head tossing dark auburn curls around her face.

Kael stepped towards her uncross his arms and instead tucking his hands into his jeans pockets. “Come back?”

Morrigan looked up meeting his curious grey eyes, a smirk tilted her mouth to the right, “Yeah, he used to come and sit with me in solitary. For three weeks at the beginning, after that though he never showed up again.” She gave a dry laugh her teeth clenched so tight that they squeaked together.

He looked from her to the door then dropped his head, “I’m sorry that you had to go through all of this.” He murmured stepping in front of the door.

As they slid open a curved silver blade flew through the air spinning like a wheel, Kael shifted slightly moving most of his weight onto his right leg. In his left hand he caught the flying blade, She watched in awe as the muscles in his back tightened and he then whipped the blade back out through the open doors. Curious she leaned around him peering out into a large cavernous metal room. Large chains swooped down from the industrial ceiling, big humming fans twirled around moving the cold air around what looked to be a training room.