16🍪

Laying in the bed with Violet reading with different voices has her giggling

Laying in the bed with Violet reading with different voices has her giggling. "Alright now you gotta get some sleep. Maybe tomorrow you can help me bake something." I tell her rubbing her head.

"I love you Remi goodnight." She smiles up at me.

"Goodnight Violet I love you too." I lean down and kiss her forehead and begin singing a song to her that my momma used to sing to me.

It isn't long until she's asleep and I sneak out of the bed and put her teddy bear beside her and pull up her covers and tiptoe out of her room and pull her door up.

I walk back into the living room and find the guys watching a football game. "Thanks for putting her down for me," Levi said.

"No problem I told her if she went to sleep she could help me bake something tomorrow." I smile.

"I may have to use that on her from now on." Levi laughs.

"She did tell me she loved me which melted my heart," I said looking over at both guys.

"She did?" Levi said.

I shake my head yeah and watching Levi's eyes fill up with water. "I'm sorry it's just been hard since her mom and I split.

"Levi it's fine I like hanging out with Violet and its really no burden. I feel like I need her as much as she needs me." I said.

"I appreciate that Remi I really do. You have no idea. So if I ask you to keep her tomorrow you don't mind?" He laughed.

"I don't mind it's really ok. Just bring her over whenever." I smile standing up.

"I'll walk you home," Gray said.

"Yall have a good night." Levi chuckles and heads to his room.

"Let's go sit on the sand for a bit and talk ok?" Gray said grabbing my hand.

I was thinking he didn't want to see me anymore or something so I was a bit nervous.

He grabs my hand and laces his fingers with mine and swings it until he finds a spot on the beach to sit down.

"I just wanted to sit out here and listen to the water and talk to you about us." He said looking over at me.

"Ok," I said nervously.

He's rubbing my fingers with his thumb. " I just wanted you to know I like you more than just physical stuff that we do." He hesitates and looks over at me.

"You make me feel things I didn't know was capable and I want to be more with you." He said.

"Damn Gray you had me sweating bullets. I was thinking that you were going to say you didn't want to see me, anymore." I laugh.

"What? Fuck no I like what we have between us I just want more is what I'm trying to say." Gray said.

"You want to be boyfriend/girlfriend? Is that what you are saying?" I ask him

"Yeah you and me only." He laughs.

"So you're my boyfriend?" I ask biting my lip smiling at him.

"I believe I am. That is if you want me." He smiles at me.

"Would you like to come inside and stay the night with me boyfriend?" I giggle.

"I would love nothing more." He laughs and helps me up off the sand.

The next morning after another round in the bed and shower we are dressed and ready for the day. He has some training at the station and I promised to make cookies with Violet.

I layout stuff to make strawberry cookies after Gray leaves and Levi knocks on the door.

"It's open!" I said.

"Hey, Remi thanks again for keeping Violet for me today," Levi said.

"No problem we are going to make strawberry cookies." I smile at Violet.

"Oh, boy strawberry is my favorite Remi." Violet giggles.

"Go wash your hands and we will get started ok?" I tell her.

"I gotta get going but I hope to try one of those cookies later." Levi smiles and walks out the door.

Violet comes back with her hands washed and gets up on the counter. "So today we are making strawberry but we need a variety." I smile at her.

"Can I lick the bowl again?" She giggles.

"Yes, Violet that is the best part licking the bowl." I laugh and wink at her.

While the cookies are in the oven she wants me to paint her nails so I hope that Levi doesn't mind and I also french braid her hair in two parts and she looks so cute.

Around 2 pm she lays on the couch and falls asleep while I clean up the kitchen and put things away.

There is a knock at the door and I wipe off my hands and open the door to see a smiling Gray. "Hey come on in. But shhh Violet is asleep on the couch." I said.

"God it smells good in here tell me whatever you made you saved some for me." He said.

"We made strawberry cookies and that's what Levi said this morning so I have you guys a batch. I'm trying to think of varieties to make if I get the coffee shop." I said.

"Let's talk about that. I know you want to try and get a loan but what if I help you out and you can always pay me back." He said.

"I don't want to take your money, Gray," I said shaking my head.

"Think of it as an investment. I have money saved up where I was overseas and didn't get to spend any and we can be partners." He said.

"Can I just think about it?" I ask him handing him a cookie.

"Yeah if that's what you need I don't see why not. Damn Remi this taste so good." He closes his eyes and savored the taste.

I giggle and walk around to him and kiss his cheek. "I'm glad that you like them. I think I will definitely use this in the shop." I said.