Lost- Part 9 ~Nigrum Sole

WARNING: There will be swearing in this. Also this chapter is the longest I've ever written- 4000 words. Make sure you have a lot of time to read this as it is long but I needed to fit a lot of story.

He walked around the streets of an unnamed town, which he wasn't much bothered about. His headache from crying all night and his arms ached from the fight yesterday. But he had to make sure she knew he was sorry. "Luce? You around here?" he called out. The town was unusually quiet and abandoned but he could smell Luce nearby. As he followed her scent, another wizards got jumbled with it and he could clearly sense Magic was fresh here. Several bangs could be heard from across town and he began to run. Was Luce hurt? Was Luce fighting. Wendy had said that she refused to get healed yesterday, even though she was not only targeted by the kidnapper they were fighting but also by himself. As he arrived at the other side of town, he saw the origins of the bangs. A tall slim man, a few years older than himself, was fighting the blonde mage. Lucy was holding up pretty well, Loke, Taurus and Aries were fighting by her side but she looked exhausted. 3 spirits must take a lot out of someone. He saw the scratches and burns from the previous day clearly on her, and it hurt to see them. But while he was distracted, the attacker noticed him, throwing a spell out of him. "NOOOOOOOOOO NATSU!!!!" Lucy ran out and pushed him out of the way but in doing so meant that the spell hit her. A burning pain could be felt in her heart as Lucy screamed out in agony. "AHHHHH!!!"

"Huh?" Awoke Natsu with a jolt. His arms were chained above him, connecting to 2 other pairs of hands via magic restricting handcuffs. His legs were also tied up, again with 2 others and he tried to turn around. Next to him were Gray and Erza, who were both unconscious, and beside them were Agnolocia, Levy and Gajeel in the same situation, although Agnolocia was awake and smirking. There was something satisfying about seeing Agnolocia tied up although Natsu couldn't tell you why. In front of both of them were 3 sticks which held Lucy, Rose and Cana. They were connected by vines, which tethered them to the wooden sticks. They seemed to be in some sort of ruin, 4 ruined, crumbling walls that was severely overgrown. Lucy's cape had been removed; it was the first time Natsu had seen her face and tears swelled up in Natsu's eyes. Something about her asleep made the world feel peaceful. Her blonde hair had grown down to her shoulder blades- which was in a subtle loose plait and her skin had paled, probably due to the cloak. Lucy's body was limp on the stick making her head fall forward onto her breast; she was wearing much more than she used to, a black vest top that tucked into some black jeans, although both were now mucky and had had some rips on it.

A laugh could be heard from beside Luce, "Are you just gonna stare at her fire boy? It's kinda creepy." Rose teased making Natsu blush. Unlike everyone else who's hair and clothes seemed to be messy and ripped, not a hair on her head was out of place and not a speck was on her clothes. "Now your checking me out?" she laughed and Natsu could hear a grunt from Agnolocia on the pole beside him. "How comes you get your own special pole stick thing?" the dragon king asked,

"I'm trying to figure it out, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh your voice annoys my brain." she retorted but instead of destroying her he just scoffed. 'How can one talk to THE dragon king like that and he not care?' Despite his power, Agnolocia did not even try to escape and he seemed pretty content for a dude third wheeling against his will while also being tied to a stick.

Gray stirred beside Natsu, groaning in pain and once realising what was going on around him cried out, "WHERE THE FUCK ARE WE?" he bellowed, waking up Erza and Gajeel. They all struggled to move around, moaning and groaning making it very hard for Natsu to even think. This obviously annoyed Rose as she shouted at the 3, "SHUT UP, I'M TRYING TO THINK!!" The group fell silent, but the shouting woke up the rest of the group. After around 5 minutes of talking, shouting and struggling, a series of 5 erythematic claps took could be heard approaching them. "Looks like your all awake." a menacing voice cackled from the shadows. The deep voice made Natsu's spine shiver and his mind felt completely blank, Natsu had never felt more intimidated, not even from Zeref or Agnolocia. Levy shrieked in fear, and Natsu glanced over, she had tears in her eyes and Gajeel was trying his best to comfort her despite being tied up. Natsu looked around beside him to see everyone's face stricken with fear, including Agnolocia. He then glanced in front of him where, like everyone else, Lucy and Cana were shaking and although he could barely see their faces, he noticed that the little colour Lucy's skin had left her and she now looked like a ghost. Cana's hands were shaking violently and her mouth was open but no sound came out. Rose however, was not scared remotely, and was even smiling. "Why hello there, I'm guessing you're the one that has tied is to the poles?" she said simply, "But considering we are tied up, it is common curtesy to show your face." The voice laughed and came out of the shadows. It was a tall and muscular young man around the age of 25, both his short hair and menacing eyes were both as white as snow, making him seem less than emotionless. To match is blank facial expression, he wore a white sleeveless top, and white ripped trousers. The only hint of colour on his body was a small red icon on the top left of his top, which looked like a guild mark Natsu had once seen, although the guild brandishing it, Natsu could not remember. Natsu glanced at Rose's face (of which he could see clearly) to see the cocky facial expression she had worn a few seconds prior vanish once noticing the icon before gaining her composure again. "Well can't say I expected this..." she said grimly. It seemed Cana was also familiar with guild mark as she stuttered, "T-Th-Tha-Thats th-the Mortui Ambulantes Guild mark!!" Natsu had never heard of this guild before but Erza had as she exclaimed, "The Ambulantes?? As in the most dangerous assassin guild of all time?"