Moon Flower Prt18

Alexandra Ivory Lee-Ann Carter 

POV Alex

I walked back to my room with Jason later that night. Jason had an absent look in his eyes when we got to my room.

“You haven’t been outside this building for a while” he stated.

“I know. It’s driving me mad” I groaned.

“Well then meet me in the throne room at midnight” he said before kissing my forehead and leaving.

I walked into my room and collapsed onto the bed wondering what Jason could do to make my indoor blues go away. Looking up at the clock I saw that it was only nine. I set my alarm clock for eleven, so I would have time to clean up, and went to sleep.

POV Jason

It was eleven at night and I was scrambling around my room looking desperately for that little silver box. How could I have lost it?

“Looking for this?” I turned around to see Mark in the doorway, holding a silver box.

“How’d you get that?” I asked as he threw it at me, I caught it and sat on the bed.

“Found it in your room” he said as he sat on my desk chair.

“Why were you in my room?” I asked.

“Looking for a pen” he stated.

“Oh, I bet you were” I said sarcastically.

“Anyway” he sighed. “Why are you doing this?”

“Doing what?” I asked. He pointed to the small box in my hand.

“It’s because Mom and Dad are coming, isn’t it?” he asked.

“A little but it’s also because of everything that’s happening tomorrow” I sighed.

“You think she’s going to die” he stated. He was right I was afraid Alex would die. I hung my head and stared at my own feet.

“You are so selfish! You would rather have her go through with that stupid prophesy because you don’t want to loose her!” he yelled. “That sliver of chance she could die scars you so you would rather see the world as we know it end!”

“Would you do it for Dolly?” I yelled back. “Would you want to see her that kind of pain?”

“If it means she could have a semi-normal life, then yes!” he yelled before storming out of the room. Now I was in a rut. I looked down at the little box in my hand and knew that no matter what Mark said, I wasn’t changing my mind.

A/N If you want you should listen to 'I knew I loved you- savage garden' while reading the rest of this chapter.

POV Alex

At 11:30 I was finished blow drying my hair and was throwing on my makeup. I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt with a hoody over top. I looked okay. I was only going to see Jason. At midnight I walked to the throne room where Jason was already standing.

“I would like to show you something” Jason said as he led me to a door under the stairs. The room started out as a slant but then broke free into a ten foot tall glass ceiling. The room was covered in plants; a rock pathway weaved through the plants. There was a mini waterfall in the center with a large pond around it and moon light shone on the water. We walked along the path until we got to the water fall. We sat next to the water and talked about normal things. Jason told me about a fight him and his brother had but he wouldn’t tell me what it was about.

“That’s not fair,” I giggled “If you are going to bring it up the least you could do would be to tell me the whole story.”

“But I wont” he said. I took off my flip-flops and hung my feet in the water.

“Are there anything in here?” I asked gesturing to the water.

“Nope” said Jason. He too took his shoes off and dangled his feet in the water. I also saw him slip something into the bush beside him.

“Good” I sighed. “How deep do you think it is?”

“Let’s find out,” suddenly he pushed himself off the edge and landed softly in the water. I gasped as he broke the surface shook the water out of his hair.

“Oh my gosh!” I can’t believe you just did that!” I shrieked.

“Well we can safely say it is dam deep,” he chuckled. “It is also pretty warm.”

“I still can’t believe you jumped in,” I said.

“Yeah, I’m starting to regret that,” he laughed. He kept his eyes on mine but I noticed his hand creep back to the bushes and come back out with a tiny silver box. My heart started to race when I saw it and my palms got sticky. Jason looked my right in the eyes as he opened the box.

“Alexandra Ivory Lee-Ann Carter, will you, once we are of age and everything settles, marry me?” he opened the box and showed me the ring. My heart grew wings and flew up into my throat where it got suck. He waited for my answer even though I didn't have his words processed yet. I quickly choked out the word "Yes" in fear he would change his mind. I threw myself into his arms, and the water, knowing we would spend our forever together.