chapter 3

chapter 3:
the secrets.
An

"And when this is over, you will hand her over?"

"Most definitely, General Yoson," The priest told me as I signed the treaty, completing my alliance with the Church of England.

"We travel at dawn. Will your army be joining us?"

"Of course," I dismissed him and my mind wandered to the beauty, the grace, and the woman who left me at the alter for a war.

Hua Mulan.

I was enraged. Her mother profusely apologized for Mulan running away, having no clue as to why she would leave, but I knew why. Her tales of slaughter have been brought to China by the Church, and I gave them an opportunity that they simply could not refuse.

I lend them my army for their war against the Fey kind, and they give me my fiancé back.

"Xian," I called out to the sorceress and she appeared before me, a smirk on her twisted lips.

"General Yoson, what business do you have with me today?" The sorceress sat herself across from me, tapping her claws on my table.

Oh, when I am done with you.

You shall be a myth lost in time.

"Show me Hua Mulan," The tent filled with smoke as a mirror appeared in her hand and she whispered to it, her magic making the mirror show her whatever she wanted and she handed it over to me.

"Mulan," A man in a cloak walked up to her and whispered in her ear.

"Father Carden wants your opinion about the raids, he thinks we are missing a forest."

"Of course," As she walked away with him, I noticed his hand brush against hers every now and then.

What is she?

A whore?

Letting a stranger get in close like that, as if they were lovers!

No wife of mine will ever speak to a man like that.

"An," The mirror disappeared from my hand and I glared at the sorceress.

"What?"

"I had a vision about Hua Mulan."

"Then spit it out!"

She chuckled, "Hua Mulan will not return to China, but stay and become a warrior of England and a protector of the Fey people. I saw her future, and it's not with you."

"Rah!" Before I could slash the bitch to death, she vanished and left me with rage.

She lies!

She will return to China and I will put her in her place.

A woman as a warrior?

I'd rather rip my own throat out.