chapter 7

chapter 7:
two sides.
Mulan

"So. . .you're the Wolf Blood Witch," I spoke up.

"And you're the Soulless Soldier."

I chuckled, "I guess so."

"I'm. . .I'm sorr-"

"Don't. I do not want your pity, nor your allegiance to win this war. I know a weakness within the Church that I am going to exploit," My cloth ran deep into the water before coming back out to continue shining and cleaning the dried blood off of my blades.

"A weakness? Within the Church? How are you going to do that?" She asked, walking towards me with urgency but my cold stare immediately stopped her.

"By. . ."

No.

Just the church, then the people will find out.

God, I can't believe I'm protecting him, even now.

"It's something only I need to know," I dismissed.

"How are you so powerful anyway?" You are either born with that kind of power or its developed, and by my guess this girl has an impressive lineage.

"I'm deeply connected to the Hidde-"

"Don't hit me with that chosen one bullshit. Who's your father? Or mother?" I interrupted. Power was within lineage. It always was.

"I'm afraid I cannot say."

Hm.

I can respect that.

"Were you and the Weeping Monk. . .together?" Her eyes were trained on the other half of our necklace hanging upon my chest.

"No. How could a man like that feel anything other than hatred for the Fey."

Once I learned the truth, I knew that fighting for a Church who saw me as weak and held me down and took everything from me was all for naught. As I raise my sword again, I fight for the Fey and each drop of human blood on my blade will be honor towards my family.

"Mulan, come," Nimue held her hand out, "The children wish to see you. They have a gift."

A gift?

I grabbed her hand as she led me out of the small cottage within the rocky mountain we resided in, and I heard the giggling and laughing of Fey boys and girls as we rounded the corner. Not only were there children, but practically all of the adults.

"What is this?" I questioned.

"Thank you for helping us, Hua Mulan!" The children said in sync before handing me a box and once I took off the top, I was breathless.

It was a red kimono, looking fitted just for my body, and sewing was exquisite in every way. A white underlayment covered my chest to respect my wishes, but still showed me off. The Church and the Paladins wouldn't be able to hide me from the world anymore, and no longer would I wear red for them.

But to mock the Church and serve the Fey.

"We have a plan," Gawain spoke up.

"But we'll need you to stay behind and send a message."

I smirked.

"Anything for the Fey."