chapter 14

chapter 14:
deception.
Mulan

"Who is there?"

I awaited this day for years, even without knowing it. As Lancelot pulled the rear, I came in from the back and stood behind the chair that held Squirrel.

"Come to watch, my weeping brother?" Brother Salt recognized him as an ally. No knowledge that with a movement of the heart, he is no longer a brother.

Lancelot sliced his throat with ease as I cut the ropes with my dagger, and luckily, Squirrel stayed quiet. With just one look, we nodded and quickly started rounding the tents and watching out for any Paladins.

"I wouldn't."

We came to a stop when we saw Wicklow. He had his Trinity Guard backing him, only holding a holy title to keeo those guard attached to him by a leash. I gripped on tight to Lancelots hand, giving it a hard squeeze.

"Does he remind you of someone? This Fey orphan?" Wicklow smirked.

"You don't need him," Lancelot backed Squirrel behind him.

"Why? Can't he smell out his own kind like some kind of animal? Or is that just your species?"

Shit.

"Find cover," Lancelot looked down at Squirrel, shoving him away and he quickly took off.

"You do have a reputation, but this is the Trinity Guard. You know their skill," Wicklow warned.

"And what is yours?" I asked, "being the Popes bitch?"

"You hold your tongue, if you know what's good for you," Wickloe hissed.

Struck a nerve.

We brought out our twin blades, ringing as they were brought out of their sheathing.

"So be it," Wicklow stepped back as the Trinity Guard stepped forward, and I felt the adrenaline rush through me and-

"Got you."

A familiar voice whispered in my ear and I immediately felt a blade being pressed at my throat. Lancelot looked at me with panic, completely forgetting the Trinity Guard.

"Lancelot!" I cried out as they took his blades from him and attacked with no honor nor any chance for him to win. They used an assortment of weapons, including a ball and chain, and struck him wherever they deemed it fit.

"No more names out of that mouth of yours," He hissed into my ear, and I stayed dangerously still.

"Yoson."

He chuckled, "Watch."

"You sick-"

"Watch!" He yelled, and I winced from the pain of his sword against my throat. I forced my eyes upon the man I claimed to care for, choking back a sob as I watched them tear him apart.

Stop.

"Stop, please," I pleaded.

"What was that?"

S-stop.

His blue eyes landed on mine, just for a mere second, before a guard hit his face in with the butt of a sword and blood trailed down his lips.

"Stop it!" I cried out, "you're going to kill him!"

I'm so sorry.

"I don't think-"

"I'll marry you!" I sobbed, "Just please, make it stop!"

I didn't think my own voice could make such a strong impact, but it did.

BALLAD OF HUA MULAN  》THE WEEPING MONKजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें